Be a Nerd…Join the Herd. Save CHUCK.

April 6, 2009 by

UPDATE: IT’S OFFICIAL! CHUCK HAS BEEN RENEWED!!

For more on what the renewal means, click here: CHUCK Saved! NBC Renews CHUCK for Season 3

But that doesn’t mean we can sit back and relax. If you’ve joined the herd, it’s time to be heard.  Do your part to get new people watching this summer. Keep reading below and use the tactics from the SAVE CHUCK campaign to get new people watching.

—–

Sarah and Casey put their lives on the live everyday in order to protect the Intersect, but today it’s YOUR turn to save CHUCK.

If you are a fan of CHUCK I’m going to need YOUR help in order to help save the show. No, I’m not asking you to send any miniature Buy More dioramas to NBC (although if you’ve made one I’ve love to see it). I’m just asking that you simply take a minute to tell others why YOU love the show and why they should give it a shot.  What the show needs more than anything right now is an increase in the viewership. Let’s recruit a few friends to watch the show during these last three episodes of the season.

Inside the Intersect
To help you spread the word, TV bloggers from all over the Web are their thoughts on CHUCK this week. Check out what they have to say about CHUCK and then pass on the links to your friends (and foes – we are equal opportunity around here) and encourage them to watch CHUCK at 8pm on Monday nights! I’ll be adding new links to this page daily so keep checking back for the latest. Click here: Inside the Intersect

But Wait There’s More…

There are a few simple things you can do right now to help spread the word of CHUCK. Consider me General Beckman…here’s your assignment.

Tell people you Digg CHUCK. Please click on this link and Digg this post. Thanks to all of you who have done this so far!!

Buy More Customer Service Feedback Card

• Use the comments section on this post to tell others why you love CHUCK.  I’ll be featuring some of your comments every day on GMMR.

Please save this show. I don’t watch a lot of television, but this show is one I have suggested to friends to watch. Don’t ruin the only good thing about Mondays!

Chuck is what gets me through Mondays. It is the perfect mix of comedy, action, angst, and topped off with the adorkable Zachary Levi. I LOVE it!

This was the first episode I’ve watched of Chuck, even though I’ve heard nothing but praise for it….I’ve had no good excuses for not watching before now, but I can tell you I will be squeezing it into my already overburdened schedule…I cannot get enough of Buy More and the Nerd Herd! Hilarious!” – Wally on “Chuck vs. The Broken Heart”

Read and then pass on all the wonderful CHUCK articles written by TV bloggers all over the web this week.  I’ll keep a running list of the shows all throughout CHUCK week.  They can be found here: Inside the Intersect

CHUCK Fan is….

Use your Facebook status update to let others know that you love CHUCK. Remind the to
watch CHUCK Monday at 8pm

What are you doing…

Twitter Updates – If you are on Twitter, be sure to remind everyone to watch CHUCK at 8pm on NBC every Monday night. Send them a link to CHUCK vs. The Network Pick Up or Be a Nerd…Join the Herd. Save Chuck. Be sure to RT (retweet) any CHUCK related posts from your favorite TV bloggers.

Twitter Backgrounds – Download these images to your desktop and upload them as your Twitter
background. (courtesy of our friends at Zachary-Levi.com)

…CONTINUE READING AFTER THE JUMP

Save CHUCK Postcards – Print out these images and use them as postcards to let the powers that be know that you want to SAVE CHUCK. (Thanks again to Zachary-Levi.com)

Write to:

NBC Chuck
c/o Ben Silverman
3000 W Alameda Ave
Burbank, CA 91523

Angela Bromstad
100 Universal City Plaza
Building 1320, 4th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608

CHUCK fan Chad put together an alternative postcard. Print the front and the back and send it to NBC!

Any other ideas? Send them my way!

Filed under Chuck, Save CHUCK

Comments

645 Responses to “Be a Nerd…Join the Herd. Save CHUCK.”

1. Anonymous on May 17th, 2009 4:05 pm

CHUCK IS AWSOME…..SAVE CHUCK

This show is great and i am hooked on it….please lets renew it

2. Pat on May 18th, 2009 1:06 pm

While I am on cloud 9 about NBC finally getting the message from all of us CHUCK fans, last night as I thought about NBC’s decision it truly saddens me that they are not giving CHUCK the total support that this truly wonderful show deserves. To cut writers, and actors on screen time is very sad. Don’t get me wrong I am totally grateful for the 13 episodes that have been ordered, but what can we do now to really push CHUCK over the top to get a full season and many more. Maybe we could all contact Direct-tv and let them know how much we love CHUCK and they would do a deal with NBC for CHUCK like they have for Friday Night Lights where they help with the cost, and get to show CHUCK first. I know because of their partnership with NBC Friday Night Lights has been renewed for 2 years, and the ratings have never been that great for Friday Night Lights. I watch Friday Night Lights and think it is a quality show too. I will continue to wear my CHUCK shirts, and I have purchased CHUCK songs from itunes, I have a Buymore shirt on order from the NBC store, and will be purchasing the second season of CHUCK the first day it is available. I have CHUCK videos on my facebook page, and continue to sing CHUCK’S praises to anyone who will listen. I am open to any other suggestions to make sure our show is on for more than the 13 ordered episodes. I TRULY LOVE THIS SHOW.

3. Save Chuck | Goofy Wildcat Design on May 18th, 2009 3:12 pm

[…] you’ve been following my twitter stream, you’ve seen where I’ve joined the Save Chuck movement. Mashable had an update today saying that the Save Chuck movement has gained a lot of attention at […]

4. Cheryl on May 19th, 2009 11:55 am

I’m am so glad that NBC renewed Chuck, but am unhappy that it won’t return until February of 2010. It seems like shows that start late in the season don’t have network support and end up not doing so well. I hope I am wrong about this one, but it’s hard to get momentum going for a show (other than one like Lost) when the hiatus is so long.

5. Pat on May 19th, 2009 11:27 pm

On the NBC site it says it won’t be on until March 2010. That is horrible to wait that long for our next CHUCK fix. I guess I will have to watch Season 1 and Season 2 until then. Yes NBC brought CHUCK back because of our efforts, but they sure don’t seem very committed to helping it succeed. With all the buzz over the save CHUCK campaign the fall would have been the best time to have CHUCK on. With the show starting so late it sounds like there might not be much hope for the other 9 episodes they talked about. Lets blow the ratings sky high so they have to commit to a whole season in the fall of 2010. So happy CHUCK is back but they really does suck. Maybe when one of their new shows fail that they think will do so good they will bring CHUCK back earlier. NBC still doesn’t realize what they have in CHUCK, but all the fans sure do.

6. Dio on May 26th, 2009 3:47 pm

March is a long wait, but Chuck is back so, I can’t complain! I made this video to kind of celebrate Chuck’s renewal! http://www.youtube.com/user/LeGrandVon Enjoy!

7. Dave on June 12th, 2009 10:35 pm

Chuck has just recently premiered in Australia and I LOVE IT!!! Seriously…how can you not? It’s the perfect show…action, comedy, a little drama…it is all of t.v combined into one show! How dare people not watch it…and how dare ANYONE could think of cancelling it! I’m warning you America…don’t make me come over there!

8. kewl on June 20th, 2009 2:17 am

WOW! good news. i can’t wait any longer to see the next season!!! Thanks God, NBC! WE really love CHUCK & the rest…. They became a part of our life… and we are happy to hear it’s renewed. SAVE CHUCK CAMPAIGN burst UP our hopes to continue chuck!!! CHUCKCHUCK! -nerd, spy, agent, analist, hero, lover, nice guy! He’s an all in one character! Chuck and Sarah’s chemistry is so damn great! perfect mixture!!!! CHUCK! we’ll SEE YAH in next season til 9 -10 – 12 snd so ON! CHuCK 4 ever for the PHILIPPINE NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD NEWS chuck is heading here! i read on the news… http://telebisyon.net/Chuck/

9. Henry on June 20th, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks NBC! I’m from Germany and I love this series soooo much! I just discovered the show, while I was spending a little time in the US. I was freakin’ around when I heared that the show has been renewed!

10. kewl on June 23rd, 2009 2:04 am

hi henry, yah! this show is lovable, we like CHUCK soooo much… We’re very Glad that Chuck’s been renewed… LET US MAKE CHUCK THE NUMBER ONE TV SHOW! I really enjoyed jeffster, and mr. awesome, the’re all in one character, very well written… so that’s why we LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

” M A K E C-H-U-C-K NUMBER ONE”

11. sanna Bakshi on June 24th, 2009 4:31 am

hey everyone!!! i LOVE chuck! I WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR THE NERD HERD!!!! SAVE CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOSH SCHWARTZ IS A GENIUS!!!! I hope they have 22 instead of 13 episodes for season 3! i also hope they have like 10 seasons. can you believe theyre actually THINKING of ending chuck so soon?!!! :(NOOOOOo! they cant do this! dude, nerds unite, we gotta start a rally!!!!!!! GO JOSH!! (sorry about the OC) it wont happen again (hopefully) 🙁

12. It’s ‘Save Our Show!’ time - That Warm Glow - The Press Democrat - Santa Rosa, CA - Archive on June 26th, 2009 7:25 pm

[…] got a strong grass roots movement growing behind it though. If you want to join the Nerd Herd, try here and here for […]

13. ELizabeth on June 29th, 2009 4:41 pm

I love Chuck. The anticipation of a new episode makes me look forward to my monday evenings. Chuck is arguably the best show on television, and it appeals to families as well as individuals.

14. dundi on July 3rd, 2009 3:12 am

fuck off

15. kewl on July 9th, 2009 2:28 am

hey dundi, no bad words man! if you don’t like CHUCK! Getout givememyremote….youBOBO!

16. Jarxgoody on August 3rd, 2009 1:38 am

I am from Philippines, and I just started to watch its first and pilot episode last week, and Chuck change my habit. I just finished the first season (dvd) in 3 days. And I am looking for the season 2 right now and I wanted to finish watching it for the next coming week. I love Chuck-Sarah tandem, I hope on the season 3 they will be real partner.

17. dorrk on August 8th, 2009 2:20 pm

I’m from Turkey and i’m following the episodes by cnbc-e channel. I love the creators’ sense of humour and their ability to fit it into action. Zachari Levi is a talented actor and Adam Baldwin is the correct man for his role. Little action, little comedy: Chuck. Thet’s why i love this series. And i don’t want to be contended with 2 seasons with just 35 episodes. So please continue shooting it.

18. Martin on August 21st, 2009 9:06 pm

I can’t even imgine why this show should be cancelled. I watch many series on TV, and every single one of them sucks, compared too Chuck. My english is way too bad to express what I think about Chuck, and I dont think it’s needed. It’s a fantastic show, and I hope it will stay alive for a long time like the Simpsons or Friends (in a healthy way!). I hope someone who can make a diffrence see this and feel what me and millions of other does.

PS. Forgive my bad english! 😀

19. Let's Get 'Chuck' A Third Season | Fancast News on August 21st, 2009 10:28 pm

[…] web is abuzz this morning with campaign after campaign to get the NBC brass to reconsider even thinking about canceling this lovable dramedy . However, […]

20. Maddog T Jones on September 8th, 2009 12:18 pm

Chuck may not have the largest audience but I think it may have had the most affluent and intelligent audience.

21. Evolving Role of the Entertainment Consumer « The World As Meditation on September 16th, 2009 2:27 pm

[…] fill our days? Is that in this fragmented media market consumers have to be proactive in order to protect our shows? Or does it represent an evolution in the role of the entertainment consumer? Explore […]

22. Chuck Versus the Colonel - Pink Raygun.com on September 27th, 2009 4:36 am

[…] I  need more Chuck, and I know you do, too!! Let’s contribute to the movement to save Chuck! […]

23. aussie viewer on November 27th, 2009 5:51 am

Chuck is an awesome show, only just up to the last bits of season two here on pay tv but it is awesome and i’m so glad everyone campaigned to get it renewed!!

24. Luis on November 27th, 2009 7:55 am

OMG. thank you for renewing CHUCK !!

I’m Portuguese so i can’t do nothing about the ratings, so American People
    WATCH CHUCK PLEASE !!!

😀

25. Robert on December 31st, 2009 2:22 pm

Chuck is a worthwhile show, did you see him in Chipmunks 2. Keep Chuck on!

26. goofydg1 on January 11th, 2010 10:51 am

Watched the two-hour premiere last night. Family all enjoyed it. Great show.

27. Can Social Media Save a TV Show? on January 21st, 2010 4:50 pm

[…] This caught the attention of major outlets such as CNN, TV.com and had some notable attention on GiveMeMyRemote’s post on Be A Nerd…Join the Herd. […]

28. The new season of Chuck : Goofy Wildcat Design on January 25th, 2010 2:11 pm

[…] year I jumped on the bandwagon to Save Chuck. I wasn’t the only one and finally the fans were able to save a show they really enjoyed […]

29. Learn Social Media by Example: “Give Me My Chuck” Campaign | Thoughtpick Blog on February 5th, 2010 2:52 pm

[…] TV blog “Give Me My Remote” organized this “movement” to the people and by the people in order to save Chuck […]

30. Kate on February 7th, 2010 5:42 pm

I just want to thank everyone who put forth their efforts to save “Chuck”. I am ashamed to say that I did not start watching “Chuck” until recently, but once I stated to, I was hooked. After watching a few episodes online, I went out and bought seasons 1 and 2, and in the span of two weekends, had watched every “Chuck” episode to date. Had all of “Chuck”‘s prior, loyal fans not made the effort that they did to save the show, I might never have discovered it, and that would have been a tragedy; thus, to everyone who falls into that category, thank you!!

(Let’s hear it for a forth season!)

31. Eva on April 9th, 2010 6:56 pm

this show is awesome, I don’t know if my vote counts, am from canada, and I LOVE THIS SHOW IT IS SO GREAT
    PLEASE KEEP IT GOING FOR THE 4TH SESSION

32. Evey on April 9th, 2010 6:57 pm

Keep this show going it is so awesome
    PLEASE

33. Zack on April 12th, 2010 1:14 am

This show is awesome!!!! The only reason I think this show has poor rating is because of the channel and badly promotion. LOVE THIS SHOW

34. Herocane on April 16th, 2010 2:27 am

Thanks so much guys I wasn’t part of this little crusade but I am eternally grateful.

35. frank on May 5th, 2010 11:17 am

please save chuch,please save chuch….

36. facebook on July 1st, 2010 9:46 am

All I’m looking for a site on a very large and beautiful on this site are subject to all of you very
    thanks

37. Araceli Ankenman on March 2nd, 2011 12:53 am

I conceive this web site has got some rattling good information for everyone : D.

38. Simon on April 27th, 2011 11:09 am

Hey Chuck Loving Friends,

With this homepage, we try to bring together all Chuck fans worldwide and become one team.

Now, Chuck fans from around the world are randomly distributed in more then thousand fanclubs and numerous fanpages. We are trying to build one team, a team with all the die hard Chuck fans who are willing to do their utmost to SAVE TEAM BARTOWSKI!

With this we are also bringing the facts on the table. We are going to present the result of the poll to the producers, cast, advertisers, newspapers and NBC. We want to proof to them that there is a worldwide loyal support for this show.

We know that Together Each Achieve More. Maybe we have lost a battle, but certainly not the war.

We implore you to keep on fighting together for a 5th, 10th, and 15th season. To be honest, we want more Chuck , more awesome storylines, fantastic fighthing scenes, Chuck’s friendship, Chuck’s loyalty and romance.

Unite and show your friendship, loyalty and love for this show.

This is the platform where Chuck fans from around the world can unite and become one team. We think, believe and know, that it will have more impact when there is one loud Chuck voice, instead of thousand small fan groups and numerous fanpages. Keep the thousand fan groups, keep the numerous fanpages, but at the same time…unite!

Unite, become a team and help us to give you more Chuck.

So visit our homepage and participate in maybe the final important poll!

P.S.: One small favor…… support your fanclub, support your fanpage, unite and please spread the word.

39. cocolot on May 27th, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi guys we’re from the Philippines…. and we want more chuck! SEASON 5,6,7,8,9,20!!!!!!! consider us viewers!!! there are millions of fans here in our country! Chuck is awesome! we are nbc’s intersects!!!!!!!!! nerd herd rules! we love Jeffsterrrrrrrrrrrr! we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuckwe want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck we want more chuck

40. cocolot on May 27th, 2011 8:57 pm

MORE RATTLING PORMOTION FOR CHUCK!!!!

41. lozaloza52 on June 4th, 2011 4:36 am

Chuck is one of those shows that has it all. It’s funny, dramatic, action packed and family based. I think that it’s a great show for people, especially young people, to watch as you can learn a lot from it. Ok so you might not ever become a spy and be out in life threatening situations, but almost everyone goes through the same emotions that the characters of chuck have. Without knowing it subconsciously the show teaches us how to deal with these emotions in everyday life. But this is all done with simple fun humour and thrilling action. When my brother first introduced me to this show I was immediately captured by it. I couldn’t wait to watch the next episode. If Chuck ends then it will be a great loss, I know lots of people that would love the show if they watched it they just need someone to tell them about it. Chuck is really a great show and I will really miss watching it if it’s cancelled so please keep Chuck going for more than 13 episodes!!!

42. ash on June 29th, 2011 12:33 pm

it is the best show in the world and please try to save it go on all the websites and put good comments on and do what ever it takes to save it i know i am and will

43. Jack Gilbert on November 15th, 2011 11:24 am

Hi, my name’s Jack, here’s a few things you need to know or maybe you just forgot:
    I absolutely love Chuck, i used to be bored out my skull till my friend introduced me to this, im not hugely bothered if it completely ends, it can’t drag on forever and i appreciate that, but all i ask is that it’s on british TV, or if it already is, make it more widely known in britain so more people watch it, put Chuck on British TV.
    Also if people are that desperate to see Chuck still around, do a spin off or something involving his son or something like that, just make sure it’s a good actor that lives up to its predessessor

44. The Ferry-Tale of Marketing: History and Future « Thoughts on January 30th, 2012 2:04 pm

[…]  Kath Skerry, “Be a Nerd… Join The Herd. Save Chuck,” April 6, 2009. Givememyremote.com http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2009/04/06/be-a-nerdjoin-the-herd-save-chuck/ […]

45. leanne on January 8th, 2013 1:32 pm

chuck is the est have them all on dvd