Chuck vs. The Network Pick Up…Inside the Intersect
April 6, 2009 by Kath Skerry
It’s CHUCK Week on GiveMeMyRemote.com. My friends and I are going to do what we can to get you to give CHUCK a shot. Check out Chuck vs. The Network Pick Up for more on why we think you should watch.
Inside the Intersect…
Need a little more intel before you decide to give CHUCK a shot? Here’s some CHUCK special features by a few of your favorite TV bloggers. New posts will be added throughout the day so be sure to check back soon and often. (The newest posts will be added to the top). Be sure to visit these sites and leave a comment thanking them for supporting CHUCK.
The past few days…
- Can Twittersphere Save ‘Chuck’ – Thank you to Josef Adalain for this fantastic piece outlining the recent ‘Save Chuck’ efforts from around the web. It was a pleasure to be mentioned in the article. (TV Week)
- Save One Show: CHUCK – WWK’s annual ‘Save One Show’ poll is live. Please go vote for CHUCK. Vote often.
- Jordana Brewster Returns to Help ‘Save Chuck – “The wonderfully fun NBC comedy “Chuck” has just three episodes left in its excellent, awesome, amazing sophomore season. And we want it to be renewed.” (Redeye)
- The Finale & Footlong Campaign – Reader Wendy shared her idea with us: The ‘Finale & FOOTLONG™’ campaign will call on fans to show their dedication by pledging to purchase a $5 FOOTLONG™ from Subway on the evening of the Chuck season finale (which hopefully isn’t the series finale). If enough Chuck fans ban together to do this and Subway sees a rise in sales Monday April 27th as a result, it would give NBC/Universal an actual metric to gauge the fan dedication in relation to the return on investment of a key sponsor.Be sure to send a letter to NBC and Subway letting them know why you bought a footlong on that day.
- Top Ten Reasons to Watch Chuck - Another reader inspired to put together a top ten list. Love it! (Saved by the Tube)
Thursday, April 9th
- Top 5 Episodes of CHUCK – GMMR’s own SB put together her fave five. What are yours?
- Top 10 Reasons to Watch Chuck – Zachary-Levi.com gives us a few more reasons to watch Chuck
Wednesday, April 8th
- Michael Ausiello has supported us through his Twitter account and through his site at EW. Thanks Ausiello.
- Chuck Week Day 3: Just Because – “So not only is it one of the funniest shows on TV, it’s one of the hottest. Start watching!” (My Take on TV)
- Poll: Chuck vs. The Superlatives - “Nothing like pitting CHUCK fans against each other in an effort to help try to save the show, right? Kidding of course, but we did put together a few fun questions for you CHUCK fans.”
- Reason to Watch Chuck #3: The Soundtrack of Chuck’s Life – Today is Day 3 and Just Jody schools us on the brilliant music of CHUCK. Music is an innate part of the CHUCK experience. Jody is going to help us put together a special feature for Friday all about the essential CHUCK soundtrack. If you have any suggestions, please let us know. (Ramblings of a TV Whore)
Tuesday, April 7th
- Reasons to Watch Chuck #2: The Art of the Throwaway – “One of my very favorite things about Chuck is that it constantly hides plot points in throwaway gags. This is very efficient writing! Don’t know what I’m talking about? Let’s examine some case studies, shall we?” (Ramblings of a TV Whore)
- Chuck: Chris Fedak Talks About the Rest of Season Two – “How long ago did you decide that Chuck’s father would be the creator of the Intersect?” (What’s Alan Watching?)
- Chuck Week Day 2: Giveaway - “In the continuing celebration of CHUCK Week 2009 and because I’m feeling generous this morning, it’s my great pleasure to give away 2 copies of Season 1 of CHUCK because it’s one of the best shows currently on TV!” (My Take on TV)
- Chuck Rundown: Episode 19, “Chuck vs. the Dream Job – “I’m not sure, but having your dad get kidnapped by a rogue arm of the government in order to save you might be even worse than thinking your dad just walked out on you one night while making pancakes.” (Buzz Sugar)
- What the F#%k? What Aren’t You Watching Chuck? – “Why hasn’t NBC picked up Chuck (also critically lauded and ratings deprived) for its third season yet? Seriously? Meanwhile they have time to bully the Boston affiliate and force them to show Leno 5 times a week? And they don’t have time to renew the awesomeness of Chuck yet?” (Tapeworthy)
- Chuck: Episode 219 – “This episode was one of the more hilarious in recent memory.” (Great Minds Think Different)
Monday, April 6th
- Chuck vs. the Chances of Renewal – “…if you have to question my overall “Chuck” allegiance, you haven’t been paying enough attention” (Alan Sepinwall)
- Tonight’s a Good Night to Watch Chuck – “…NBC’s “Chuck” is the most purely entertaining show currently airing on network television.” (HitFix)
- TV Tonight: Chuck – I want Chuck to get a third season, so if you’re in the same boat, do what you can to make your voice and viewership count. And if you’ve never seen the show, well, Gossip Girl’s a repeat tonight, so if you’ve got a free hour, why not check it out? (Buzz Sugar)
- Chuck vs. The Wonder Con – My friend Kimra had the crazy awesome honor of being asked to moderate the CHUCK panel at Wonder Con. Here’s the recap of that panel. (Buzz Sugar)
- Chuck Campaign: Watch/Buy/Share – Chuck TV has had their own Save Chuck campaign going on for a while. Support the cause people! (ChuckTV.net)
- Save CHUCK – GMMR reader Scott has heard the call & updated his own site with a plea for CHUCK! (ADA Updates)
- Early Look: CHUCK vs. The Dream Job – I hope you won’t dismiss me when I say tonight’s episode is top-notch. I wouldn’t say a game changer though some of what we (and Chuck) learn tonight will eventually contribute to a game changing episode. (Ramblings of a TV Whore)
- Ducky’s Top 5 CHUCK Episode (So Far) - “It’s my little way of honoring the show and getting the word out there that people need to watch the show or it may disappear.” (DuckyDoesTV)
- The Hottest Token Hot Chick Pictures of the Week Ever – “If any red blooded American boy takes a look at these pictures and doesn’t start watching Chuck immediately, you may want to move to Iowa.” (Scooter McGavin’s 9th Green)
- Chuck Versus the Daddy Issues: An Advance Review of This Week’s Chuck – “”Chuck Versus the Dream Job,” which airs on Monday night on NBC, is perhaps one of the more pivotal episodes that the series has seen so far.” (Televisionary)
- Five Reasons We Can’t Wait for the Second Season of Chuck | Number One: Tricia Helfer: For those of you in the UK who are still watching S1.”First up it’s Battlestar’s Tricia Helfer’s guest appearance in the episode Chuck vs the Broken Heart. And what else would Tricia be playing other than a stripping spy?” (TV Spy)
- Chuck Week, Day 1: All New Preview Clip - Our first CHUCK Week celebration post is for some preview clips of tonight’s all new episode, featuring Scott Bakula and Chevy Chase! (My Take on TV)
If you are a blogger that would like to contribute, please send me a link to your post at info(at)givememyremote(dot)com
Thanks in advance for putting up with my self indulgence this week. I know it might be a bit much for some of you, but I couldn’t let another one of my favorite shows slip by without putting up a fight.