Who Went Home on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE?
November 18, 2009 by Kath Skerry
UPDATE: Click here to find out who went home on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (August 5th)
Welcome to our SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE live blog. The comments are open so join in on the discussion during the show. (Just keep hitting refresh). Send out a tweet and let other #SYTYCD fans know where to join us.
I’d like to tell you how awesome the Top 14 performance was, but I ran into some technical difficulties (my TV wouldn’t turn on). But I’m sure it was amazing.
As for Cat Deeley, she’s always looking amazing, despite her sometimes questionable outfits. Not sure what she has going on tonight, but she still looks fabulous.
- Before we get to the results from the first group, leave a comment and let us know who you think will be in the bottom three.
- Cat brings Kevin & Karen and Jakob & Ashleigh to the stage. This one is a no-brainer for me. If either of these groups are in the bottom it absolutely should be K&K. Ashleigh & Jakob are SAFE! Karen & Kevin are in the bottom three. Whoa…anyone else think Karen is looking like a Kardashian tonight or what?
- We’re back form the commercial break and Cat is letting Ryan & Ellenore know that they are SAFE. As they should be after that killer performance last night. Noelle & Russel are up next and they are…going to have to wait until we see what Channing & Victor did last night. The results are in and the next group in the bottom is Channing & Victor. Noelle & Russel are SAFE!
- What’s up with Mary saying that Channing and Victor have been consistently good each week. Really? Maybe she should borrow Marty McFly’s time machine and go back in time. Both of these dancers have struggled mightily and been called out on it by the judges. Hmmm.
- Who will be joining these two couples in the bottom three? Will it be Legacy & Kathryn OR Nathan & Mollee? If Legacy is dancing for his life tonight, I’m going to visit each and every one of you that voted for Nathan and Mollee. I mean come one. After the vote, it’s Mollee & Nathan in the bottom three. Whew! Legacy & Kathryn are SAFE.
- I’m quite fine with all the couples that are in the bottom three this week. If I had my choice, before seeing the solos, I would send home Mollee and Kevin. What about you?
- And that my friends is how you dance Bollywood style. I love Bollywood. It’s so beautiful and colorful. Come on, you know you were dancing in your seats at the end of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’
- Yikes! Slight traffic overload tonight. Seems we have a lot of people lurking and not joining in. Come on…don’t be shy.
- It’s time to dance for your life. Well, not our life. But you know what I mean. First up is Karen. She was warned last week that her solo wasn’t impressive enough. I think she really stepped it up tonight. Very strong and sexy. A little J Lo’ish no? As for her partner Kevin, I didn’t think his solo was all that spectacular. Channing has danced for her life a few times now. I can’t say that blew me away tonight. Lots of air grabbing. As for her partner Victor, it was all about the pirouettes, they were good but good enough? I’m not sure. The next two dancers will be back to dance after the break.
- The judges know early in the day who the bottom three couples are. You can’t tell me that the solos make all that much of a difference. I think they already know who is going home.
- The last two dancers tonight are Mollee and Nathan. Mollee is up first. Can someone give this girl a pony tail holder already. Her hair is SO distracting. Sorry I’m kind of over her. I think she’s holding Nathan back in a big way. He’s up next. I think his solo was a little sloppy tonight, but I did like he combined his contemporary background with his talent in hip hop. Uh oh…Uncle Nigel is already beaming about Mollee’s solo. Looks like she has a good shot at sticking around. That’s not good news for Channing.
- Some chick with a guitar is on the stage. Ok question – maybe it’s just me, but I’d rather see performances from past SYTYCDancers during these breaks than these other filler musical acts. I’d love to have Benji, Nick, Ivan, Allison Hok, or any of the like back. Let’s give our dancers some more exposure. No?
- The judges are back with the results. Up first are the girls. The judges are unanimous. Mollee is safe (ugh). That leaves Karen and Channing. Tonight we are saying goodbye to Channing. Aw, Channing. It’s sad to see a Boston gal go home. That leaves Russel representing my hometown. Did the judges do the right thing tonight?
- It’s time to say goodbye to one of the guys. Again the judges are unanimous. First up is Nathan. He’s safe. (YES!) It’s now down to Kevin and Victor. The judges call Victor out on his pirouettes. It’s not America’s Favorite Pirouetter. Ha. Sadly it’s Kevin that is going home tonight. Personally I think the judges made the right call with Kevin too. It’s hard to see someone go home. Would you have made the same choice?
- So next week we’ll see Karen and Victor dance together for the first time. Do you think this will be a good pairing?
Thanks so much for joining us tonight. We’ll be back next Thursday to live blog another episode of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.
The comments remain open, so keep the discussion alive.