BONES Scoop: David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel Dish on Booth’s [Spoiler Alert!] and Their Characters’ Time Apart | Give Me My Remote

July 29, 2010 by

When we last saw Booth and Brennan, they were saying an emotionally-charged farewell as they prepared to leave each other for a year — Booth to Afghanistan and Brennan to the Maluku Islands.

It appears, however, that they will be called back to D.C. before the year is up… but a lot will have happened during their time apart.

For starters, as you’ll see in the video below, taken at Comic Con this past weekend, BONES stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel confirm to GIVE ME MY REMOTE that Booth and Brennan had no contact while they were away.

None.

Not even smoke signals.

Yeah, we’ll give you a minute because that wounded us a little bit too — even if it does technically make sense, given where they were when they parted ways.

But perhaps if Brennan had picked up her satellite phone, she would have learned that Booth has gone and found himself a girlfriend.

Check out the video to see Boreanaz spill the details of how Booth and his new woman (Hannah) met, if Boreanaz and Deschanel think the time apart has changed their characters’ perspective of each other and if Brennan could take down Hannah down, all while slipping into some very Booth-Brennan-like banter.

In other words, it’s ridiculously adorable…

YouTube Preview Image

Are you okay with Booth and Brennan not speaking while they were apart?

How about the way Booth and Hannah meet?

Let’s discuss…

Related:

BONES Exclusive: Emily Deschanel Reveals When She’s Making Her Directorial Debut
BONES Creator Hart Hanson on Season Six’s Big Bad and Booth’s [Spoiler Alert]
Comic Con ’10: BONES Live Chat
BONES: TJ Thyne Makes Video Love to Hodgins
BONES ‘Retro’ Music Video

Follow @GMMRTV, @korbigirl and @MarisaRoffman on Twitter, and Facebook too, for all your up-to-the-minute TV news and commentary.

Stay up to date on all of GMMR’s exclusive videos by subscribing to our new YouTube Channel – GiveMeMyRemote TV

Comments

76 Responses to “BONES Scoop: David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel Dish on Booth’s [Spoiler Alert!] and Their Characters’ Time Apart”

1. Kath (GMMR) on August 2nd, 2010 8:25 pm

I actually thought it was sweet, protective and supportive.

2. anna on August 2nd, 2010 10:21 pm

I personally think that it would be good for booth to have a girlfriend because it might errupt some tention between booth and bones… and bones might get a little jealous. I thought it would be nice to have a change from the whole booth being jealous of bones boyfriends and have bones be jealous of booths girlfriend * Hannah*, but I dont want them to be in a long term relationship!

3. j.Cruse on August 3rd, 2010 3:09 am

Are you really ready for BONES to finish ‘all’ their seasons: That’s what will happen if they’re not together.

4. Jacelyn on August 3rd, 2010 6:26 am

My husband and I just love the feel of the show and the special relationship Bones and Booth have. It’s what makes the show fun to watch. If either really got into a serious relationship with someone else, I really don’t think we would want to watch it anymore… Because it’s all about that “spirit” you can feel between the two of them and if that’s ever gone??? Well, the cool vibes then will be gone and it will turn into any other show. In fact all of the charactors are really fantastic and have that same type of working well together, puzzel like vibe.. We love them all. Its like a big family that stick together thru thick and thin and make a difference everyday in the world for the good of others and have fun doing it.. You can’t ask for better than that…

5. Christy on August 3rd, 2010 11:51 am

First off I would love to see Booth and Brennan together, however you have to think back over the years of all the other similar shows in which the lead couple end up together and the show ends…do we really want Bones to end so soon? Keep throwing in the “love interests” and draging the show out for many many more seasons…I truly do not want this to crash and burn like Moonlighting or Xfiles did, just to name two shows.

6. april_xf on August 3rd, 2010 7:02 pm

I completely disagree with some of the comments about romance being the downfall of a show. The romance wasn’t the downfall of the X-Files the years long wait and ultimately the way they handled it was not to mention sub-par storylines and not setting up the characters of Dogget and Reyes. How many shows do you recall that have if my memory serves 4 kisses on the lips in a 9 season run between the 2 leads and no love scene not even 1? Seems like Bones is heading that way have there been 2 or 3 between B&B? And the way they dropped the ball on the Brennan pregnancy–that storyline had soo many avenues from her being able to inspect corpes without a hint of nausea to Booth being his overprotective self yet trying not to be obvious.

7. Lorie Fox on August 3rd, 2010 9:20 pm

As a forever “Bones” fan from the beginning, I just want to say that last season’s finale was the WORST I’ve ever seen. The writer’s can’t really believe that they can milk the sexual tension for ? more seasons! Take a lesson from “Burn Notice” and put it to bed (so to speak). It will open more creative avenues for plot lines than “Jersey Shore” for heaven’s sake!

8. Hannah Pigram on August 3rd, 2010 11:17 pm

I love how my name is in this season of Bones…BUT, I still think that Brennan should take her down, make Booth jealous of her.
    Love Bones, hate having to watch repeats on tv in Aus, cant wait for the new season to kick start.
    The romance and tension between Brennan and Booth is dramatic but sometimes is so frustrating. Make something happen soon.

Long time fan

9. Dyan on August 4th, 2010 12:44 am

Bones can take the new the girlfriend woohoo, its gonna be great i cant wait. Too excited.

10. Madde on August 4th, 2010 2:50 am

Can’t wait to see Bones jealous, and im soo looking forward to Booth

11. Crystal on August 4th, 2010 7:20 pm

Can anyone tell me when the new season starts

12. Beth Ann Spurgeon on August 5th, 2010 3:39 pm

Well I hope they do get together I think they are perfect for each other. Even If Bones tries her hardest to stop it from happening, and by the way when does the new season start?

13. Brenda on August 6th, 2010 5:18 pm

I think I missed last season. I kept looking for it from the web site, the channel guides, etc. We need more specific information about how to view it, or the sponsors won’t be happy.

14. sizt3nj on August 6th, 2010 5:18 pm

if they don’t get married i’mma be pissed

15. Brenda on August 6th, 2010 5:28 pm

I rather liked the “speak-easy” segment when Booth was in the coma.

16. bay on August 11th, 2010 8:05 pm

So I think that Booth should have came back looking for Bones. Remember the same place they left from? But Bones is not there. Something happened to her. Booth saying that he is fine with her not there cause he has a gf already but starts to look for Bones. Bones is in trouble somewhere and can not see or talk with anyone. Maybe somehow the grave digger got her….Booths gf is getting really mad cause Booth is worried about Bones. The others are always working but also talking about what could have happen to Bones. Thats just the start. We all knew that once the season went off that Booth would have moved on and come back with a gf. U have to throw something in the mix where no one would have thought it.

17. Hot Blooded Bones on August 14th, 2010 2:48 pm

I too am frustrated but I am glad they are doing the SO storyline cause i want to see Brenn have to fight to not be jealous AND NOT WIN!!! She was verging on it with Cathryn but managed to cover herself…..I know it is difficult to write after the major couple have gotten together but honestly I think this team could do it. OK I will probrably get booed but what I would love to see is te we find out after or during the 4th epi that B&B got together for one night before leaving Brenn got pregnant but lost the baby noone knows but Daisy suspects something serious happened. As per Daisy she tells Sweets different things she thinks might have happened and Sweets starts digging he has gotten more cagey with experience tho so while Booth knows something is up and Brenn is fighting to keep quiet it could get really fun. Angela who is usually so on top of everything is distracted with her relationship with Hodgins the new killer threat and the fact that she and Hodgy arent preggers yet so she doesn’t catch on. Booth madea comment once that he had never cheated on anyone he was with but at the end of the 4th epi we see he and Brenn hook up because he knows something has really hit her and hit her deep but she won’t tell and he is trying to love her enough to help ease her pain. They hook up but like Angela and Hodgins they keep it a secret. Now not only is the crew busy with this new killer threat but they KNOW something is going on with B&B but can’t get a handle on what it is……….why COULDN’T they have a VERY secret relationship????

18. Erika on August 22nd, 2010 6:03 pm

I think that Brennan will be EXTREME:Y jealous, and Booth is nowhere near over her. Booth isn’t just the kinda guy that is gone for a little while and completely falls out of love with someone, it just don’t happen like that. No, I think that Booth will think he has feelings for Hannah, but she’ll probably leave, the same way that all his past love interests, because they can all see it in his eyes that he’s in love with Brennan.
    Brennan will be so jealous that she wont be able to see straight, and being her usual scientific self she’s going to blame it on some chemical in the brain. Maybe if Dr.Sweets can’t help her realize that she is really that jealous, or they’re just gonna have to bring Gordon-Gordon back so he can talk some sense into her.
    I’m excited about the new season. but not so much about the new girl.

19. kat on August 23rd, 2010 5:08 am

so excited! can’t wait for September!

it would be great though, if they encounter a serial killer who’s an osteologist and kills his/her victim without harming the bones. i know this would probably go to the csi department, but what if this killer is too good and too massive that the government asks every body’s help on this.

just a thought.. 🙂

again – so excited! can’t wait for September!!

20. tempebooth on August 24th, 2010 11:10 am

I’m not making a huge deal about Hannah. Just like most of Booth’s girlfriends, she’ll be a blond chick that doesn’t last long. I love Emily and David and how they can just stand there and fight about anything. That was funny.

21. tempebooth on August 24th, 2010 11:13 am

I keep imagining Booth kissing Brennan when they see each other again. And in front of Hannah. I hope they get together soon! But I also want the show to last for a long time…… I hope that when Booth and Brennan get together the show doesn’t just end. I want to see them together for a season.

22. me on August 24th, 2010 11:17 am

Maybe Booth and Brennan have been having a secret relationship all alongand we find out this season…….

23. biggest_bones_fan on August 25th, 2010 3:02 pm

alright this new girlfriend, although i hate the thought of Booth with another girl, is good for the show. it will show brennan tht she does have feelings for booth, and im hoping to see her get jealous and take that hannah chick down. and when booth sees bones for the first time all of his feelings will come rushing back, no doubt about it. there is no way a meaningless girl will come between BOOTH AND BONESS

im hoping the grave digger will come back and take bones and booth together, going through a life or death situation like that will bring them both closer together

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON!!

best show on tv 🙂

24. Channel 4 HD launchs on WinTV on September 10th, 2010 6:16 pm

114-Channel 4 HD (NEW)
    115-Channel 4 +1 (CHANNEL MOVE)
    116-E4 (CHANNEL MOVE)
    117-E4 HD (NEW)
    118-E4 +1 (CHANNEL MOVE)
    119-MORE4 (CHANNEL MOVE)
    182-MORE4 +1 (CHANNEL MOVE)
    432-Film4 (CHANNEL MOVE)
    433-Film4 HD (NEW)
    434-Film4 +1 (CHANNEL MOVE)

25. celia on September 22nd, 2010 9:19 am

la photo est belle

26. Emily on September 29th, 2012 11:41 pm

i love bone season 8 its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bones is my life