BONES: Do Booth and Brennan Love Each Other? | Give Me My Remote

BONES: Do Booth and Brennan Love Each Other?

October 13, 2010 by

Yes, BONES fans, things are a little different this season.

Hannah loves Booth. Booth seems to love Hannah.

But what about Booth and Brennan? Despite all that has happened, do they still love each other?

I chatted with series creator Hart Hanson and he offered some insight on that and why the duo “still have a relationship that no one else can have.” We also talked about Brennan’s retreat to her “safe place.”

Check it out…

YouTube Preview Image

BONES’ Michaela Conlin Teases the Jersey Shore Episode, Reveals How She Wants Booth and Brennan to Hook Up
BONES: Does Booth Love Hannah?
BONES’ Katheryn Winnick: Hannah Truly Does Love Booth

And to be the first to see our exclusive videos by subscribing to our YouTube channel at

Filed under #1 featured, Bones

79 Responses to “BONES: Do Booth and Brennan Love Each Other?”

1. maxi on October 14th, 2010 4:11 pm

peej, I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you shouldn’t be so judgemental. Maybe some fans do not want to write essays as a response. Still loving Hannanh and Booth

2. peej on October 14th, 2010 4:20 pm

Oh @maxi you have made me giggle.

Love Booth and Hannah with all your heart, it truly doesn’t bother me. At all.

And fair enough, every other consecutive comment apart from those six are completely differently written, but of course, I believe you. Of course.

3. FiyFiy on October 14th, 2010 4:23 pm

Brennan was so OCC in the Jersey Shore epi. I wanted to vomit and smack her. Yes she makes me want to hurl. I adore Angela, Cam and Booth so that is why I watch. Hart has ruined Brennan. And thank you Marisa for posting.

4. maxi on October 14th, 2010 4:28 pm

peej, stop being judgemental. Maybe some fans cannot be bothered to right essays in their post. And who are you anyway the comments monitor??? I right for me and me alone. And for the record I LOVE HANNAH AND BOOTH SFM!!! So there.

5. Kay on October 14th, 2010 4:28 pm

@mikey Oh so having an opinion that doesn’t jive with yours makes others “So called Bones fans?” Since when are you the almighty and get to make those kinds of decisions? I would love to know when the Bones fandom became so political. It used to be fun to be a Bones fan, and now it’s not so much anymore. If you’re not bowing down to the writers on twitter, you’re a “Bad” Bones fan. If you don’t like the 6th season so far, you’re a bad Bones fan. If you don’t think David Boreanaz is the best thing since sliced bread and drool over every inch of skin he decides to show, YOU’RE A BAD BONES FAN! Since when is being a fan all about being “good” or “bad”? Bones should count their blessings for ANY fan they have not just ones that agree with their every whim. I’m sick and tired of other fans telling others that they’re not good enough to be a Bones fan. Being a Bones fan is not by invite only, you don’t get to kick people out. Some of you people need to realize that. This is not High School, grow up!

6. Daniella on October 14th, 2010 4:39 pm

I got to agree with some of the others. i have no problem with Booth and Hannah. I like them. They are pretty adorable. And I am all for Booth being happy and loved up. It is Brennan who is just weird and acting like a brain dead teenager. Jersey Shore was the pits.

7. Chris on October 14th, 2010 4:47 pm

@debs that is how I feel too. Brennan has been so over the placfe character wise that I just don’t care for her at all. So I am 100% supportive of Booth and any relationship he has. And Hannah is so sweet, love her, they are good together.

8. Janey on October 14th, 2010 5:07 pm

Thank you for the interview . . . . but the lack of respect in the comment section is not becoming at all. People you have brain filters use them and then click post. . . . And I like Hannah too, she is mixing it up and bringing a very cute Booth out to play.

9. Noe on October 14th, 2010 5:10 pm

LOL, that was so obvious… And there are more!

10. Anja on October 14th, 2010 5:11 pm

Why do some people who are loving season 6, Booth with Hannah etc. feel so annoyed if other fans are disappointed and not liking it?
    I am not liking season 6 at all, but I am glad if others do enjoy it. What is the problem here? Why so much anger? It’s not a competition!
    Anyway the producers are the ones who decide. I don’t like what they are writing now, I have the choice to either stop watching or watch and make my POLITE remarks. Aren’t we here to just SHARE our views, not to just look for people who think the exact same things as us? Once Hanson has decided, if some fans love this story arc, it makes me glad! I want the show to continue anyway, I am sorry if ratings go down. So, happy some people are watching enthusiastically.
    But I expect same respect for my humble opinion, which is that I really dislike Booth and his relationship with Hannah. I don’t see any happiness there, just dishonesty. Again, my opinion. I would like to be free to express it without being insulted.

The thing I dislike most about season 6 is not Hannah, Booth or Brennan. It’s like some fans are becoming competitive, and fight each other. There is NO team Booth nor team Brennan in the show. Booth and Brennan belong together, and they are the key to each other hearts.
    Brennan is supporting Booth in his endeavours to find happiness, Booth is supporting Brennan the same way. Why can’t fans understand that and do the same?

11. Victoria on October 14th, 2010 5:29 pm

@Anja you make a very good point. There is no tolerance within the Bones fandom. Just a lack of respect for each others pov and others going on and on trying to make their negative voices heard here, on twitter and the forums.

12. Judy.J on October 14th, 2010 5:36 pm

Haters? see that corner, in the far left, yes that is it, haters to the left. I love this season of Bones and I down with Booth and the gorgeous Hannah. They kinda are cute, hot, adorable and sweet and me not being a shipper, well I just adore them.

13. Emily on October 14th, 2010 7:47 pm

@kay, since you seem to not be able to address the people(like me) who said Bones is not at love story, you can scream all you want and say Bones is about “Booth and Brennan” until YOU’RE blue in the face, but it’s still NOT a love story. Bones is about these two people with differences, solving cases together and finding justice. There’s a little UST thrown in there. It’s not a show about Booth and Brennan’s journey into falling in love. The show is still about those two solving cases, and finding justice w/ UST.

14. rose on October 14th, 2010 9:24 pm

Where did the science of the show disappear to? Where does this season’s off-the-cuff comedy-wanna-be come from? This show was developed with a scientic background and basis, around which we learned to love the characters, but now it’s gone. The entire cast has had a huge wedge driven within it. Things are all just so unreal and unbelievable anymore, it’s very disappointing. Booth’s “giddiness” is just not realistic enough for his character, as the character has grown over the life of the show. His character has becomre flawed. Brennen, OK, I understand she’s coming to some emotional turmoil-terms, but for being as smart as she is as an anthropologist, she should have a WHOLE lot more insight to basic emotions… It’s just SO disappointing this season…

15. Kay on October 14th, 2010 9:38 pm

@Emily I didn’t address you because I have heard that same mantra from others so I felt why not just address the general public, but since you’re so adamant that I address you and only you, I will fix it for you. EVERYONE! EVERYONE CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE? IN MY FIRST POST I WOULD LIKE TO DIRECT MY COMMENT TO EMILY AND ONLY EMILY SO PLEASE DO NOT READ THAT COMMENT. NONE OF IT, IT’S ONLY FOR HER! THANK YOU! YOU CAN RETURN TO WHATEVER YOU WERE DOING NOW.

As for Bones being about the cases with only UST thrown in, in ten yen years from now, when people talk about Bones, what do you think will be the first thing to come to their mind for the majority at least? Because I can guarantee it won’t be the cases.

16. Tiffany on October 14th, 2010 10:33 pm

Personally, I think loving Booth and Hannah together is a waste of time and emotion. HH himself has said that Booth and Brennan aren’t an “if” but a “when.” What is the point in rooting for them when there is NO chance they are going to make it?

17. Alexandra on October 14th, 2010 10:40 pm

Wow, one word for this season so far, boring.

the season premiere, i kind of loved what they did, starting all over again. But what bugs the heck out of me, is the lacking of chemistry between B&B, its just absolutely gone, because of Booth. The season finale, in the final scene, it was heart-breaking, and their chemistry was just amazing through the whole season. Also I agree with everyone else, the sex scenes are getting way out of hand, and i seriously don’t want to see that in every episode, it isn’t appealing!

I love this show, but jeez, where did all the good writing go? I miss it! and I miss B&B, cause they make that show so much more amazing with their chemistry!

18. Emily on October 14th, 2010 10:56 pm

@kay – LOL that was pretty funny, ngl.

As for 10 years from now? Bones won’t even be remembered. It’ll be “Oh, that show with that guy from Angel? Yeah, it was pretty lame.” Sad, but true. It won’t be remembered like “Lost”, “Angel”, “Veronica Mars” and other shows that are long gone(with the exception of Lost) but still have VERY active fandoms years after the shows finished.

There’s nothing that stands out about Bones(for it to be remembered in 10 yrs) because all people seem to care about is whether B/B get together or not and totally base their enjoyment of the show on that. No B/B and people act like immature kids because they didn’t get what they want. Then, cry that they aren’t going to watch the show anymore.

Anyway, if you read my comment, I said it’s about two peeps who have differences(that would be B/B), who solve crimes together with UST thrown in. UST because in TV land two people of the opposite sex can’t just be platonic friends. There MUST be UST *eye roll* If there were no cases, the lab or squints, there would be no show and people would stop watching in droves.

19. Emily on October 14th, 2010 11:01 pm

Just to clarify, the “people” I’m talking about are internet fans. I’m sure the non-internet people, who are the majority of the viewership, watch for a variety of reasons. The majority of the Internet fandom seems to only care if B/B get together or not.

20. Nancy on October 14th, 2010 11:51 pm

They didn’t want the show to turn out like “Moonlighting” because would be the end of the show. I think the show is over now. Too many signs ilustrates this: less updates in web sites dedicated to “Bones”, less comments in blogs or forums, rating are lower than last season….HH is killing his show and doesn’t want to realize this.
    By the way, I’m not watching the show anymore, I prefer to remember the three (maybe four) first season, since then watch the show has been only deception, frustration, for that I prefer turn off the TV.

21. Inelitwus on October 15th, 2010 3:31 am

Ok my opinion abt season 6. Bones n Booth R really so sad even if Booth tries to be happy.
    I don’t blame him or her. Both made a mistake. She said no coz she was scared he didn’t get her more time n moved on. But even now after the last scene from 6×03 we see that both still R in love. Booth loves Bones, n Bones loves Booth. Maybe some ppl see that Booth loves Hannah but I don’t for me only moved on n found someone who’s gonna love him coz his real love one said no IMO. Still believe in B&B coz they R meant2be 🙂 No matter what other ppl say. Now next move is for HH to make sth to bring them back!!!
    Like I said long time ago 2 HH after 6×02 he shows us how much Bones is hurt. Ok she made a mistake she said no but that’s how Brenn is maybe some ppl forgot that she was abandonment child that she created a wall next 2 her n one day Booth showed up n he destroyed that wall but now for me he is hurting her more he shows her that maybe she has a right by telling him no then coz he shows that he is not responsible even if he moved on n has a GF he forgot abt Bones as a friend now IMO they R only partners from work nothing else. IDK why HH is saying that they R in love when he give us sth else?? IDK 6×08 give us sth that we actually know that Bones realizes that she loves him ok but which will be next step showing Bones sad n Booth happy? It doesn’t make sense at all. Ok show that Booth tries 2 be happy but at least stop showing sad Brenn coz I can watch it!!!!
    HH should do sth but IDK what is in his head boo 🙁 If he wanna put B&B on the last scene of the last epi ever it’s sth wrong with him. If he doesn’t wanna put B&B coz he has some reasons ok but he must be honest with the fans n tell them truth. They will be watching still coz he will show them some respect IMO.
    I didn’t believe that Hannah will be there only for 5 epi. Why coz when she is there they can make lots of epi right? Read lots of seasons even but who is gonna watch it?? Really I don’t mind Hannah coz she appears on Bones at the wrong place at wrong time n she will be hurt coz Booth doesn’t love her he moved on coz Bones said no ok I can go with that he found Hannah (someone who loves him n can love him 30,40,50 years) but he is not in love with her!!! For me putting Hannah in season 6 for whole season make no sense IMO. Sorry I won’t change my opinion. Now on the show we can see that poor Brenn is again betrayed by someone who she loves sad but true!!! IMO they R trying to show us sth funny like “Yo Wsup Yo” Dude to distract us, let us forget abt B&B or am I wrong??
    IMO Bones is in love now she knows that but she wanna him to be happy even without her!!!
    IMO Booth found that one who can love him n he moved on but he is not in love with her!!!
    I don’t believe that he loves her. IMO he is having only sex with her nothing more. But only Brenn can show him what the making love when 2 ppl become one means 🙂 Just sayin’ 🙂
    I don’t buy that Booth is in love with Hannah. IMO she is one of those who can love him when Bones said no right?? Maybe Hannah loves him but if she is not stupid she will go away when she will realize that B&B R meant2be 🙂 Really I dislike her n I wanna her 2 be gone ASAP but she is there so at least she can help B&B 🙂 But after that she must go! For me Hannah can die go aways without saying goodbye she must disappear coz she doesn’t fit there 🙂 IMO she showed at the wrong place at the wrong time so she must go coz she makes me angry especially when she tries 2 be nice. Really I’m not afraid of Hannah but really I can’t stand watching sad Bones!!! N Hannah doesn’t help me at all!!
    But lately I don’t see nothing between them only sad Bones n booth kissing Hannah nth more. I don’t wanna them as a couple now with little steps but they should be soon 2gether not in a few minutes of the last epi ever!! 🙂
    She is trying 2 be nice n with every scene with her it’s getting worse n worse !!!
    Sorry but she pissed me off not for being with Booth coz I don’t see love between them but her face n smile makes me angry LOL. Imo she will stay there till season 6 ends!!! IMO HH is not that stupid to having her for a long time coz lots off ppl will go away n for whom he will be doing the show?? For him?? Nope so *fingers crossed*
    Yes maybe some of fans like Hannah. They have right to like or dislike who they wanna. I don’t n I won’t like 🙂 I don’t say that ppl can’t like Hannah they can but I won’t 🙂 I love only B&B so it’s obvious I dislike Hannah or other ppl next 2 them 🙂 B&B R meant2be right?? For me only B&B R for each other 🙂 Right from the beginning 🙂 Yes we wanna see B&B as a couple it’d be sth nice 2 see 🙂 And worth 2 watch 🙂
    Ok this is HH show ok but he must bring back B&B coz we miss them btw we don’t care Hannah right coz B&B R meant2be:)
    Ok i watched n I liked B&B at the end 🙂 I missed them but I have a faith in them 🙂 N no one can take it away from me 🙂
    Yes I saw latest interview with HH but what he can tell now when fans R really angry now?? He should bring old B&B ASAP n kick Hannah from the show IMO he should make from her serial killer so it’d be the easiest way 2 kick her ass LOL 🙂 HH said lots off thing n what?? He is such a liar LOL. But I can give him credit of trust 🙂 He must put them 2gether I can’t see sth else 🙂
    For me Hannah could die n go away even without saying goodbye I won’t cry 🙂 I watch now Bones for ED she is amazing real funs won’t stop watching ITA 🙂 Emily is the one person for whom I watch #Bones 🙂 ED U rock 🙂 At season 6 U kick other sorry 🙂
    Everyone can have own opinion or other point of view. It’s sad that all ppl or on Internet, or in front or TV who R called Bones fans R fighting. It’s pathetic!!! And lots of them forgot that Bones is abt Temperance Brennan n not abt Hannah Burley. Just sayin’.

22. peej on October 15th, 2010 4:43 am

@Nancy – totally agree. Comments are WAY down on the internet. One watch-a-long thread I follow, used to get in the region of 600+ comments per episode. Now they’re down to about 220. That is a *huge* drop, even if you take into account that they might have started to post elsewhere. Forums and blogs are closing. Comments are down on facebook. In number and tone. The show is losing thousands of viewers per week. The fandom has started to quarrel like never before. None of these are good signs, if you ask me.

23. Ann on October 15th, 2010 2:33 pm

The Bones fandom is really crumbling. Lots of fans against fans and not in a good way. It seems like you have the non-shippers, rational shippers who watch for more than B/B on one side and the fairytale, in the clouds shippers, who only watch for B/B and hate anyone who comes between them, on the other side. I’ve never seen it, this bad. I understand being impatient, but as some have said above, this isn’t a soap opera or a B/B love story. It’s more than that, and there are other aspects of the show that the blind fans are missing. It’s a pity.

24. Beth on October 15th, 2010 2:54 pm

Wow. I am embarassed that I even came to this site after reading alot of the comments…… I definitely would not admit it to my grown kids, my husband or any of my friends. I just wanted to hear what others’ opinions of the first 3 episodes are. You people that make really lengthy posts are looking just a wee bit nuts! Just CALM down….Booth and Brennan are NOT REAL PEOPLE!

I still love BONES the tv show. I will admit that I am in favor of an eventual B&B romance, however, I will not try to rewrite the episodes or the ending. If I start hating it, I will stop watching. The End.

25. barbiegirl on October 15th, 2010 6:27 pm

I must say that so far none of the episodes of S06 have been as entertaining as previous seasons..i know that’s just my opinion but It has been pretty boring ..even the cases aren’t interesting!..I’m still going to watch because i love the cast..hopefully HH can revisit some of the earlier episodes and see what made us love this show in the first place!

26. DJ on October 18th, 2010 1:49 pm

I think that Booth’s expression when Brennan was on the ‘Dude” show was sooooo telling. He’s just fooling himself with the Hannah person. Booth and Hannah’s interactions are so contrived. His real feelings show when he’s with Brennan.

27. parvati hobbs on November 16th, 2010 9:36 pm

Listen up people. First of all, in the 100th ep. Brennan didn’t say no to Booth, she said that she Didn’t Know how. Booth, who in the past would have guided Bren as he did with the crapy sex explenation in Death In The Saddle, was unable to offer Brennan the wisdom of his insight, which indicates to me that He too was in unchartered waters. It was after Sweets dared him to take a gamble and after sitting there and saying nothing when Bren said that they were not in Love with each other, acted on that dare without expressing to Brennan how he really felt about her. And being true to her charcter, Brennan said no initially. And unlike Hoggins, Booth didn’t fight for Her, He didn’t say she’s complecated and I’ll figure her out, He retreated and said that he would have to move on. So whats up with Booth? Perhaps He too has never REALLY been in LOVE. This Story has GREAT potentual to be a beautiful addition to the show. The deep Spiritual connection they share, the Trust and Respect they have for one another, COME ON PEOPLE!!! (WRITERS, HH). Watch Barbara Streisand and Jeff Bridges in The Mirror Has Two Faces. As for the Hannah presence, I truely believe that it’s bad casting and the lack of experience and talent that’s THE REAL PROBLEM!!!

28. Elizabeth on December 8th, 2010 9:50 pm

I admit that I started watching the show because I loved the Booth-Brennan romance, but it’s not the only reason I watch now. I like the science part of the show and I find the little anthropological facts that are dropped in fascinating. I am a little disappointed about how season 6 has been progressing and I agree with those fans who believe that the characters just seem a little off, but it would make some sense that they would be different after being away from their regular environment for almost a year.
    As to the debate behind the 100th episode, I believe that it was both their faults that things fell apart. But it doesn’t really matter does it? Because it’s happened. I agree that I don’t always want to see things happen like they would in reality because it’s not reality, it’s a fictional world and things can go the way we want them too. Only to a point though.
    I still like the show and I am going to continue watching it because I find in enjoyable and I think that’s all that really matters.

29. Kimmy on January 24th, 2011 8:16 pm

I LOOOVVVE Bones!!!! Now I wanna be a forensic anthropologist!! 🙂 This is taking a long time though. 🙁 I hate that stupid clown in season five after booth got brain surgery thts what made booth change his mind he was about to tell bones he loves er but then she said he’d remember in a few weeks he hates clowns. And he decided Sweets was right it was just te dream that was making him feel like that. I hope they get together except for then- they’d probly end the show cuz one would probably get killed off! Ugh it’s agrivating!!! Stupid Hannah! I am kinda mad right now…