Team StarKid Embarks on The SPACE Tour. New Shows Added!
October 14, 2011 by Kath Skerry
If you know how SuperMegaFoxyAwesomeHot Red Vines are. If you secretly want to grow up to be a Starship Ranger. If you’ve dreamed of doing the two-step with Voldemort, then I’m going to go out on a limb and say you are a StarKid.
Whether you first discovered StarKid through the Potter franchise, or got to know them courtesy of one of GLEE’s breakout stars, you know that these talented actors and musicians are truly part of a Cinderella story for the modern age.
StarKid first invaded the internet in July 2009 with A Very Potter Musical – a fan-made parody that premiered on YouTube and immediately went viral garnering nearly 100 million views. Filmed during a live performance through University of Michigan’s Basement Arts, the show was an instant hit with fans of the Harry Potter franchise. (And yes, that’s GLEE star Darren Criss as Harry ‘Freakin Potter)
In March 2010, StarKid’s second production, Me and My Dick, debuted at #11 on the Billboard charts for “Original Cast Recording” – a first for a college production. The show not only solidified StarKid as a real player in comedy musicals, but also grabbed national attention.
In May 2010, StarKid returned with A Very Potter Sequel, receiving over 4,000 ticket requests for 400 available seats. The production – which was named to Entertainment Weekly’s “Must List” – premiered to packed houses with fans from across the country lining up for hours.
This past February, StarKid’s first Chicago production, Starship sold out in less than one week. After its premiere, the show debuted to sold-out screenings in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago before hitting the internet in April. The cast album, featuring original music and lyrics by Darren Criss, went to #1 on Billboard for “Original Cast Recording” and peaked at #4 on iTunes.
StarKid – The SPACE Tour
Now StarKid is stepping out from behind YouTube and coming to cities across the U.S. in November when they embark on the first ever national tour.
Team StarKid’s The SPACE Tour (StarKid Precarious Auditory Concert Experience) will features StarKid veterans – Jaime Lyn Beatty, Brian Holden, Lauren Lopez, Joey Richter, Dylan Saunders, Meredith Stepien, and Joe Walker – performing hits from the company’s acclaimed original comedy musicals A Very Potter Musical, A Very Potter Sequel, Me and My Dick, and Starship. Singer-songwriter Charlene Kaye will be joining StarKid on the tour as an opening act.
The SPACE Tour will kick-off in Ann Arbor at The Michigan Theater on Friday, November 4, and culminate in New York City on Sunday, November 27. GLEE star and StarKid co-founder, Darren Criss, will be joining other members of Team StarKid for two shows only on November 26th in NYC.
Tickets went on sale on October 8th and most shows were sold out soon thereafter. But StarKid has added new shows in Boston, New York, Toronto, London (Ontario), and Orlando and tickets for those newly added shows go on sale TODAY, Friday October 14th at 5pm EST and can be purchased via Ticketmaster.com or LiveNation.com. VIP tickets, which include a meet and greet with Team StarKid, will also be available for purchase for these new shows. (Sell below for full list of tour dates.)
I wasn’t quick enough to get tickets to StarKid’s first Boston show, so I’m hoping I can snag a ticket to the new show when tickets go on sale later today. Will I see any of YOU there?
The SPACE Tour is guaranteed to be a fantastic musical theater experience for everyone, so whether you’ve been a StarKid since the beginning, or maybe just hearing about them for the first time here on GIVE ME MY REMOTE.com, try to see them live in your city. At the very least, make some time to catch all their performances on YouTube and you’ll know why Team StarKid has such a passionate and dedicated fanbase.
Stay tuned to GIVE ME MY REMOTE.com for much more on the StarKid SPACE Tour!
For more information about Team StarKid or The SPACE Tour please visit www.teamstarkid.com.
For breaking news www.facebook.com/StarKidPotter. To view productions and other video content, visit www.youtube.com/user/starkidpotter.
Team StarKid: The SPACE Tour Dates
- November 4 at 8:00 p.m.: Ann Arbor, Michigan (The Michigan Theater)
- November 5 at 2:30 p.m.: London, Ontario (London Music Hall) – NEW
- November 5 at 8:00 p.m.: London, Ontario (London Music Hall) – SOLD OUT
- November 6 at 2:30 p.m.: Toronto, Ontario (The Mod Club) – SOLD OUT
- November 6 at 8:00 p.m.: Toronto, Ontario (The Mod Club) – SOLD OUT
- November 7 at 8:00 p.m.: Cleveland, Ohio (House of Blues)
- November 8 at 7:30 p.m.: Chicago, Illinois (The Bottom Lounge) – SOLD OUT
- November 10 at 7:00 p.m.: New Orleans, Louisiana (House of Blues)
- November 12 at 2:30 p.m.: Austin, Texas (Antone’s) – SOLD OUT
- November 13 at 3:00 p.m.: Dallas, Texas (House of Blues) – SOLD OUT
- November 13 at 8:00 p.m.: Dallas, Texas (House of Blues) – SOLD OUT
- November 15 at 8:00 p.m.: Atlanta, Georgia (Center Stage Theater) – SOLD OUT
- November 16 at 8:00 p.m.: Orlando, Florida (House of Blues) – NEW
- November 19 at 8:00 p.m.: Charlotte, North Carolina (The Fillmore Charlotte)
- November 20 at 8:00 p.m.: Silver Spring, Maryland (The Fillmore Silver Spring) – SOLD OUT
- November 22 at 8:00 p.m.: Cincinnati, Ohio (Bogart’s)
- November 25 at 2:00 p.m.: Boston, Massachusetts (House of Blues) – NEW
- November 25 at 8:00 p.m.: Boston, Massachusetts (House of Blues) – SOLD OUT
- November 26 at 12:00 p.m.: New York, New York (Irving Plaza) – SOLD OUT
- November 26 at 5:00 p.m.: New York, New York (Irving Plaza) – SOLD OUT
- November 27 at 4:00 p.m.: New York, New York (Gramercy Theatre) – NEW
*Performance times are subject to change.