Starkid Launches Second National Tour This Summer – APOCALYPTOUR
April 9, 2012 by Kath Skerry
Following the amazing success of The SPACE Tour, internet sensation Team StarKid has just announced a second national tour: APOCALYTOUR, featuring a cast of StarKid veterans performing hits from the company’s acclaimed original comedy musicals A Very Potter Musical, A Very Potter Sequel, Me and My Dick, and Starship, as well as their latest parody show Holy Musical B@man! (being released on YouTube on Friday, April 13th at 8pm CST).
APOCALYPTOUR will launch at the House of Blues in Chicago on Wednesday, May 9, and culminate in New York City at the Roseland Ballroom on Sunday, June 10.
Appearing on the APOCALYPTOUR will be Jaime Lyn Beatty, Brian Holden, Lauren Lopez, Jim Povolo, Joey Richter, Brian Rosenthal, Dylan Saunders, Meredith Stepien and Joseph Walker.
Charlene Kaye and the Brilliant Eyes will once again return to open for Starkid.
The tour is directed by Julia Albain (who directed The SPACE Tour), with music direction by Clark Baxtresser, production design by Corey Lubowich, lighting design by Sarah Petty, costumes by June Saito, and choreography by Katie Spelman
Regular Tickets, priced from $25 to $35, will be available for purchase via Ticketmaster.com or LiveNation.com* on Tuesday, April 17 at 5 p.m. (local time of venue).
Two tiers of VIP Tickets will also be available and are priced as follows:
- “Golden Idol” VIP, $75 – $85 (lanyard, poster, and an autograph session with the cast 45 minutes before doors open)
- “Crystal Skull” VIP, $100 – $125 (lanyard,poster, concert program, and a Meet and Greet and photo opportunity with the cast 1 ½ hours before doors).
This is an “all ages” tour. Performance dates and times are subject to change.
*Websites for alternate ticket vendors for select cities noted below.
Seeing Team Starkid in Boston this past fall was one of the best experiences of last year. Such an amazing night! Can’t wait for them to come back in June!
The performance schedule for the APOCALYPTOUR is as follows:
- Wednesday, May 9 at 7:30 p.m.: Chicago, Illinois (House of Blues)
- Thursday, May 10 at 7:30 p.m.: Chicago, Illinois (House of Blues)
- Friday, May 11 at 7:30 p.m.: Indianapolis, Indiana (Egyptian Room)
- Sunday, May 13 at 7:30 p.m.: Nashville, Tennessee (Rocketown – www.rocketown.com)
- Monday, May 14 at 6:30 p.m.: New Orleans, Louisiana (House of Blues)
- Tuesday, May 15 at 7:30 p.m.: Houston, Texas (House of Blues)
- Wednesday, May 16 at 7:30 p.m.: Austin, Texas (La Zona Rosa – www.lazonarosa.com)
- Saturday, May 19 at 12:00 p.m.: Anaheim, California (House of Blues)
- Sunday, May 20 at 7:30 p.m.: San Diego, California (House of Blues)
- Tuesday, May 22 at 7:30 p.m.: Los Angeles, California (House of Blues)
- Wednesday, May 23 at 7:30 p.m.: Los Angeles, California (House of Blues)
- Friday, May 25 at 7:30 p.m.: San Francisco, California (Nob Hill Masonic Center)
- Sunday, May 27 at 7:30 p.m.: Portland, Oregon (Roseland Theatre – www.roselandpdx.com)
- Monday, May 28 at 7:30 p.m.: Seattle, Washington (Neptune Theatre – stgpresents.org/neptune)
- Tuesday, May 29 at 7:30 p.m.: Vancouver, BC (Vogue Theatre – www.voguetheatre.com)
- Thursday, May 31 at 7:30 p.m.: Denver, Colorado (Summit Music Hall – www.lodolivemusic.com)
- Friday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m.: Kansas City, Kansas (Uptown Theater)
- Saturday, June 2 at 7:30 p.m.: St. Louis, Missouri (The Pageant)
- Monday, June 4 at 7:30 p.m.: Ann Arbor, Michigan (The Michigan Theater)
- Tuesday, June 5 at 7:30 p.m.: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Theatre of the Living Arts)
- Thursday, June 7 at 7:30 p.m.: Silver Spring, Maryland (The Fillmore Silver Spring)
- Saturday, June 9 at 5:00 p.m.: Boston, Massachusetts (House of Blues)
- Sunday, June 10 at 7:30 p.m.: New York, New York (Roseland Ballroom)
Stay tuned to GMMR for more on the APOCALYPTOUR!
Filed under StarKid