GMMR TV Awards: The Winners Revealed! | Give Me My Remote

GMMR TV Awards: The Winners Revealed!

July 3, 2012 by

They’re here!

After weeks of nominations and voting, you guys have determined who should take home the second annual Give Me My Remote TV Awards.

First of all, before we get to the winners, a massive, massive, massive thank you to all of the fans who participated in this. Whether you left your nominations in the original post or voted in any of the categories, this couldn’t have been done without you. Literally. We’re television fans just like you guys, so we wanted to give you the chance to let your voices be heard, so we thank you for coming out and letting us know who/what you love…and what you don’t like as much.

And yes, that’s also a reminder that these results are 100% decided by you, and some fanbases came out in droves. So if you’re delighted by the winners, pat yourselves on the back! If you’re disappointed, a) we’re sorry, and b) hopefully you’re satisfied with at least one category.

So with that being said, take a look at your winners of the second annual GMMR TV Awards…

Favorite couple (together)

Picture 13 of 23

Kurt and Blaine (GLEE)

Or if you were curious about a specific category winner…

Are you happy with the winners? Wish someone/something else had taken a certain category?

Filed under #1 featured, GMMR Awards

Comments

77 Responses to “GMMR TV Awards: The Winners Revealed!”

1. Sophie on July 12th, 2012 3:37 pm

Klaine for best couple? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF MY BABIES ;U;
    Nick and Jess? YES!!! YES YES YES!!!
    I agree with all of Glee’s awards :3 (Even most disappointing season XD) And So pleased for Big Bang!! Sheldon DESERVED that award!!!
    So happy about Klaine though 😀

2. Nina on July 12th, 2012 7:52 pm

I am so glad House and Wilson won!! They have been the best bromance ever on T.V. and that episode was a real tear jerker!!

3. Rochelle on July 12th, 2012 8:24 pm

I think that Glee winning most disappointing season and worst season finale cliffhanger was dead on. I understand that RIB have a vision and a direction for they want the show to go in and I wouldn’t say they should throw all that out and just go for fan service BUT Glee’s audience keeps sending RIB the message that what they are doing (Finn being Glee’s “hero”, Rachel having the central focus and everyone and their grandmother propping her as a super special snowflake, characters such as Tina and Artie being marginalized, couples such as Tike getting NO focus, ect) ISN’T working then perhaps it’s time to take a step back and reevaluate. For example the original focus of Family Ties was supposed to be the parents but the audience reaction to Alex’s character was so overwhelmingly positive that the show runners changed direction after the fourth episode aired and made him the focus and well…they lasted seven seasons. There are ways to give fans what they want and still be true to your creative vision-White Collar for example manages to do that quite well.

If Glee doesn’t start giving it’s audience what they keep telling RIB they want and stop shoving things down their throat that they clearly don’t (the ratings speak for themselves, Glee lost a little over two million viewers this season and no episode improved on or even matched the season premiere numbers) Glee will go the way of the OC-huge premiere, major buzz, great first two seasons, really crappy third and done by the fourth. I know way too many people who have quit watching for the show and are only watching for their ships or favorite character now b/c they’re so disappointed in the writing, direction and overall storytelling.

4. Daniella on July 12th, 2012 11:10 pm

Hell yer. Castle dominated as it should!

5. Brenda on July 13th, 2012 1:13 am

Great for Castle!! My favorite show so far…and The Big Bang Theory.. Happy for All the winners.

6. castlefan21 on July 13th, 2012 1:37 am

yaay! iLOVE LOVE LOVE CASTLE 😉 glad they won so many awards!! team CASKETT! can’t wait for the next season <3

7. Phillip Martinez on July 13th, 2012 3:49 am

I love my Mondays now. Bones at 7, watch that awesomeness and then jump to Castle at 9. I’m a fan of both shows. Though Castle sometimes have the tendency to use a lot of filler episodes. Bones does it as well, but its not as noticeable because half the time I’m waiting for some fluff moments. And because both shows have their main couples together, it is very incre… wait for it because it is that awesome… dible!!!!!

8. Phillip Martinez on July 13th, 2012 3:55 am

Oh snap! Its Miranda Lawson!!! Oh wait.. that’s just the chick from chuck…

9. TM on July 13th, 2012 7:50 am

Happy about Castle winning as many categories as it did 😀 And also, for the people who keep insulting either Bones or Castle (shows or fandoms), you certainly won’t convince the other fandom that their show is worse,all you will manage to do is make some of those people who love both shows (like me) pick a side, and it may not be yours. Some fans insult another show just because they “think” they know everything that is wrong with it, based on the complaints some vocal fans have on certain forums/sites. It’s like a person who hasn’t watched the 3rd season of glee saying that it sucks, just because that’s the popular opinion.These people just make me (and I’m sure I’m not the only one) embarrassed of being a fan of the same show as them. So when a Bones fan starts insulting Castle it actually makes me like Bones a little less, and the other way around.It may sound illogical,and I know it’s not the show’s fault, but it is what it is. So by doing this you will probably drive some of the fans of your favorite show away from the fandom, which can only be bad for the show itself.

10. Anon on July 14th, 2012 5:07 pm

So according to this site’s awards, Castle is the only good thing on television and everything else mostly sucks. Was it really too painful to think of anything else? I find it hard to believe you didn’t like even one other show. Maybe next time have some more to this rather than CASTLE IS WONDERFUL OMG CASTLE CASTLE CASTLE something else CASTLE CASTLE

11. NimraNT on July 14th, 2012 8:26 pm

I soo MUCH admire STANA KATIC !
    she soo much deserved it ! nd CASTLE was a gr8 show to watch !
    BEST COUPLE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO KATE ND CASTLE THEY DESERVED IT !

12. c.a.thompson on July 19th, 2012 12:43 pm

stana katic is the most beatiful women i have seen since lanta turner that makes me 76 years old

13. Bibi on July 21st, 2012 2:46 pm

GOD im SO happy for Klaine , they deserve it !!! they are the best couple ever !!! yaaay glee 😀 , And I also agree about the two others nominations about Glee.. this season was a huge joke , and every fans ( true fans ) knows that !!

14. Olinka on July 25th, 2012 10:38 pm

Glad to see Kurt and Blaine getting the best TV couple award. It’s well deserved and meaningful, as a step toward eliminating homophobia and gay bushing. Also, I have to agree with Glee Season 3 being the worst finale. It was extremely disappointing, and the plot twists seemed to come out of nowhere and simply didn’t make any sense. The entire last episode left me confused (Santana leaving for NY out of the blue, why??) , annoyed (song choices overall, the entire Glee club showing up at the train station for Rachel – she was only leaving for a couple of days to check appts in NY!!!) and upset (Kurt’s rejection letter and subsequent zero reaction from Blaine and Burt; Brittany’s 0.0 GPA and nobody, no even Santana taking it seriously). I am not going to stop watching Glee, but I sincerely hope that the show will get better. Finchel is not great, but okay as long as other characters are being featured as well, but this doesn’t appear to be the case…

15. lynn on August 14th, 2012 9:39 pm

I just started watching Castle last year because some friends told me about it. I went right out and got the whole series after that.!!

The acting, especially Katic…is superb…the writing terrific and the story lines well thought out. And the main thing…the chemistry between the two leads is terrific and not taken down to the level of a 16 year old kid. It is progressing in a really warm mature and might I say adult manner. The entire cast is great.

16. sdjoyce on August 15th, 2012 5:40 pm

What “lynn” said. Just started watching Castle last year, bought all series save for #4, as I can still access on huluplus, but will. Love this cast, the writers, and directors for the honest portrayals, and the honest, mature, thorns-and-all approach to relationships. So refreshing. Kudos to all responsible for putting such a grown-up show on air, and keeping it on. Nathan and Stana are both absolutely brilliant in their respective characters, as is the entire cast of regulars (miss Montgomery). Everyone of them has a total grasp of who they are in their parts and we, as an audience, appreciate it. May they entertain and delight us for a very long time. A shout out to casting for their stand-out feature actors (only one stinko in four seasons, I call that a major win). Intelligence and inexhaustible talent exhibited on all fronts with this show. Hard to beat and so fun to watch.
    Thank you all.

17. http://ewhaewha.com on December 27th, 2012 5:52 pm

I ѕimplу сouldn’t go away your web site before suggesting that I really loved the standard info an individual provide to your visitors? Is going to be again steadily in order to check out new posts

My blog post http://ewhaewha.com

18. the trick photography book review on May 2nd, 2013 6:25 pm

I got this website from my friend who shared with me on the
    topic of this site and now this time I am visiting
    this web page and reading very informative content at this place.

19. Aileen on June 10th, 2013 5:16 am

Hiya, I am new to running a blog and internet
    sites in general and was curious about how you got the
    “www” included in your domain name? I see your domain name, “http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2012/07/03/gmmr-tv-awards-the-winners-revealed/?pageid=50634&pid=3408” has the www and my web address looks like,
    “http://mydomain.com”. Do you know the best way I can alter this?

I’m using WordPress. Warm regards

My webpage :: advokati beograd [Aileen]

20. app dev empire review on July 11th, 2013 6:02 am

This piece of writing is truly a nice one it helps
    new net users, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

21. win a free iphone 5 on July 29th, 2013 4:49 pm

Pretty! This was a really wonderful post.
    Many thanks for supplying these details.

22. comments on August 1st, 2013 1:51 pm

Magnificent web site. Plenty of useful information here.
    I’m sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks on your effort!

23. work online from home on August 3rd, 2013 11:07 pm

Right now it sounds like WordPress is the top blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

24. justpaste.it on May 18th, 2015 4:21 am

I just made two batches!

25. Anonymous on May 22nd, 2015 7:23 am

Hello! Tɦis is kind of offf topiic bսt I neeԁ some advice from an established blog.
    Іѕ itt vvery difficult tօ ѕet up youг ownn blog?

I’m not very techincal ƅut I ϲan figure thingѕ out pretty
    quick. ӏ’m thinking ɑbout creating mʏ own bսt І’m not sure where tо beցіn. Dօ you
    havge any iddas οr suggestions? Apprecciate іt

26. Anonymous on September 10th, 2015 3:55 pm