HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: Photos and Video from Barney’s ‘The Robin’
December 18, 2012 by Marisa Roffman
[This post contains spoilers for HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER’s “The Final Page, Part Two.”]
And just like that, Robin and Barney are engaged.
For weeks, Robin had been going crazy over her renewed feelings for Barney — as he seemed clueless to it all, and suspiciously happy with his new girlfriend/Robin’s mortal enemy, Patrice — but as he revealed in “The Final Page, Part Two,” this was all part of a long con to sneak his proposal on her. (Yes, in real life this would be likely cringe-worthy, but on TV I find it perfectly Barney-esque.)
Take a look at some photos from the proposal, a little video of “The Robin,” and then a full rundown of what the plan was, because CBS.com only included steps 11-16…
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
"The Final Page, Part One And Two" -- After years of uncertainty of where their relationship is going, Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) pops the question to Robin (Cobie Smulders) and she said yes on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Dec. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Ron P. Jaffe/Fox ÃÂ©2012 Fox Television. All Rights Reserved.
1. Admit to yourself that you still have feelings for this girl.
2. Choose the completely wrong moment to make a drunken move after hanging out at a strip club… and get shot down on purpose.
3. Agree that you two don’t work, locking the door on any future you could have together, which will drive Robin nuts.
4. Robin goes nuts.
5. Find the person who annoys Robin most in the world and ask for her help. Explain everything to Patrice and hope she agrees to help.
6. Check with your doctor about possible broken ribs.
7. Pretend to be dating Patrice.
8. Wait until Robin inevitably breaks into your place to find The Playbook and show it to Patrice, which you’ll monitor via the hidden cameras you have in your apartment.
9. After Patrice “finds” The Playbook, have your first “big fight.”
10. Prove your loyalty to Patrice by burning The Playbook, and actually burn it. You don’t need it anymore.
11. Because your friends have no boundaries, they’ll inevitably have an intervention for Robin, which you’ll monitor via the hidden cameras you have in Marshall and Lily’s apartment.
12. Tell only Ted about your plan to propose to Patrice.
13. Wait and see if Ted tells Robin. And if he does, it means your best bro in the world has let go of Robin and has given you his blessing.
14. Robin arrives at her favorite spot in the city and finds the secret final page of The Playbook… the last play you’ll ever run.
15. Robin realizes she’s standing underneath mistletoe.
16. Hope she says yes.”
Anyone else rewatching this constantly today?