BONES: 8 Things to Know About ‘The Shot in the Dark’
February 6, 2013 by Marisa Roffman
BONES brings the danger close to home with Monday’s brand new episode, “The Shot in the Dark,” as Brennan is shot while working in the Jeffersonian.
When I spoke with BONES creator Hart Hanson last month, he teased that this particular episode “turned out really well” and he was pleased with the results. So with that in mind, after I got a chance to view “The Shot in the Dark,” I figured you guys might like a few teases about what goes down in the hour…
- The story is not told in the traditional method. By the time we start out the episode, the body the team is working has been discovered, and they’re already in the early stages of the case.
- We see Booth and Brennan at home with Christine, but it’s probably not in the way most fans would like to see them. (Thankfully, they do have some lovely moments later in the hour.)
- Speaking of baby Christine, she is certainly in contention to be one of the most expressive tiny actors on television.
- One of the team members is in the OR when Brennan is being taken care of.
- We learn Clark’s middle name, and another character’s comment about it literally made me laugh out loud.
- We’ll get to learn a little bit more about Sweets’ love life.
- The weapon and the actual bullet that are used to shoot Brennan are just so freaking cool.
- I’m very curious how viewers will react to the highly-publicized scenes of Brennan interacting with her (long-dead) mother. They shed some great insight into Brennan’s character and her life immediately before her parents left — not to mention they’re very sweet — but I could also see it being too much for some viewers. (Much like the alt-reality season 4 finale, “The End in the Beginning,” seemed to please some fans and annoy others.)
But don’t worry — you won’t be left with just this. Check back with Give Me My Remote over the next few days for more “The Shot in the Dark”…
BONES: Michaela Conlin Previews ‘The Doll in the Derby’
BONES Writer Michael Peterson on Bringing Neurofibromatosis Awareness Mainstream in ‘The Doll in the Derby’
BONES: ‘The Friend in Need’ Photo Preview
BONES: ‘The Shot in the Dark’ Photo Preview — Brennan Gets Shot!