BONES: Stephen Nathan Teases What’s to Come in Season 9

April 22, 2013 by

BONES season 8 won’t be concluding for another week, but the hardworking cast and crew is already prepping for the upcoming ninth season.

“We’re actually shooting the second episode of season 9 [soon],” BONES executive producer Stephen Nathan told me earlier today. “We’re going to be shooting that the end of this week.”

Much like last season (when the show shot four “bonus” episodes to make up for the shortened season 6), BONES will go into their hiatus with a couple of episodes filmed that can be slotted into the upcoming ninth season. But unlike last year when the status of where they would air was very much up in the air, it seems Team BONES will need at least one of the bonus episodes to air in a specific spot.

“Sweets is affected by the finale in a way that none of the other characters are; in a very immediate way,” Nathan previewed. “It does cause him to reevaluate his life and his position with everybody. So we’re going to be dealing with that in the second episode.”

Hmm…what the heck do you think is happening to Sweets in the season finale?!

BONES airs Mondays at 8 PM on Fox.

Related:

BONES: Stephen Nathan Teases the ‘Incredibly Difficult Balancing Act’ for Cam in ‘The Pathos in the Pathogens’
BONES Season 8 Finale: ‘The Secret in the Siege’ Photo Preview
BONES: ‘The Party in the Pants’ You Ask, I Answer

Filed under #1 featured, Bones

Comments

39 Responses to “BONES: Stephen Nathan Teases What’s to Come in Season 9”

1. Lydia on April 22nd, 2013 5:32 pm

More Sweets, that’s not a tease, that’s torture. ugh

2. Sina on April 22nd, 2013 5:43 pm

Sorry,i Love Sweets but i want more B&B!!

3. Mire on April 22nd, 2013 5:56 pm

UGH!! MORE SWEETS¡¡¡¡???…please can the focus come back to B/B¡¡¡¡??…

4. Kikacr on April 22nd, 2013 6:11 pm

Maybe he decide leave the FBI…or at least keep his nose just in the profiling thing and let Booth act be the cop!
    He’s a psychologist not an Agent for God’s sake!

5. Autumn Olivia on April 22nd, 2013 11:08 pm

Ack!!!!!!!! I hate this tease :( but at least I don’t have a long wait to see what the heck it means …

Oh and what a shock to see the obligatory flames from the unimaginative Sweets hating contingent. I don’t understand how we could have been watching the same show for the last six years. I really don’t. Because the things you complain about bear no resemblance to the characters I love watching week after week.

6. Eilidh on April 23rd, 2013 3:03 pm

I love Sweets! He’s cuteeeeee. Give him a break!

7. Maria on April 23rd, 2013 3:08 pm

I just love Sweets!! and please let it be a girl and not Daisy..why does it always has to be about B&B I mean I do know that the show is Bones, but sharing is caring..give me some Sweets!! :)

8. Liv on April 23rd, 2013 3:09 pm

I’m excited to see how this finale pans out. Viewers know much more about Booth and Brennans’ back stories than about Sweets’, so I’m intrigued to see what will cause him to be affected. From what viewers know of Sweets, he has a very dark past that is very murky in some places, and so whatever affects him will have to be stronger than his assurance of his friends.

9. Jess on April 23rd, 2013 3:10 pm

I love Sweets! Don’t understand why all the hate for him. He’s one of my favorite characters.

10. Bubi on April 23rd, 2013 3:12 pm

Maybe, Pelant has something with that, or tries to kill Sweets…

11. Van on April 23rd, 2013 3:13 pm

I think Daisy might die because what else could affect him so badly?

12. Jennifer on April 23rd, 2013 3:13 pm

Pelant and the alarm clock are supposed to have something to do with the finale… since B&B don’t know Pelant was in their house, but Sweets obviously was, I wonder if he’s going to get fingers pointing in his direction. That would certainly make him reevaluate everything – his life, who his friends really are, etc.

13. mjkelley on April 23rd, 2013 3:14 pm

I love sweets too!. All the of cast members has their place and the show would not be the same without each and everyone of them.

14. Mark on April 23rd, 2013 3:18 pm

I’m totally calling that Daisy dies, I mean if she died it would affect way more than the rest of the characters

15. claire on April 23rd, 2013 3:21 pm

Sweets can be very irritating at times. Just because he is a shrink, I find his meddling down right invasive at times. If some one tells him to back off, he should until they are ready to talk instead of prodding and prodding. Really hope Daisy is gone for good. She is more irritating than Sweets. Send her back to the my poopoo islands. Permanently.

16. nando on April 23rd, 2013 3:26 pm

Maybe Sweets shoots Pelant in the Season 8 finale and the aftermath carries over to Season 9.

17. Sarah on April 23rd, 2013 3:27 pm

Maybe it has to do with the abuse he suffered as a child. Like the person who did it comes back in his life or they kill off Daisy

18. valerie on April 23rd, 2013 3:30 pm

I love Sweets – I love the dunamic and the friendship between him and Booth! I’D love to know whats happening with Polant, we have been waiting long enough now!

19. Cadybugg on April 23rd, 2013 3:44 pm

I LOVE Sweets! He is one of my FAVES! Don’t do anything mean to him!

20. Roe on April 23rd, 2013 3:50 pm

Ok i really like sweets too
    I think sweets is gormagon n he has a serial showdown with palant but daisy pays the price. Is this too much ?!?! Hahahahaha!

21. jim on April 23rd, 2013 4:13 pm

His crazy ex girlfriend mutates into a giant woman from a culture she accidentally ingests in the lab. She grabs Sweets (now that she is 100 feet tall) runs off with him in her hand. Bones and Booth have to chase her down. The rest of the gang in the lab have to find the cure for her mutation before she crushes Sweets in her giant 6 foot long hand! Angela’s ZZ-Top dad shows up but she informs him he’s supposed to show up in the next episode. A scene back in time shows Sweets as a young med student, but why? Back to now, Booth and Bones interview an old teacher of Sweets to see if he’d survive being crushed in the hand of his now bigger than an Amazon ex-girlfriend. What the hell that has to do with anything?! Bones argues she knows what was in the culture that made Sweets ex-girlfriend so big. Booth, tired of her being miss know-it-all, bets her $1000, she doesn’t know. She is amazed he’s not believe her. So Booth rolls his eyes. Suddenly, they break into a dance. Tune into the Final Episode for the rest!

22. DEB on April 23rd, 2013 4:26 pm

I love the core group and Sweets is a part of that. And of all the current interns, Arastoo and Finn are the best. I was so upset when they killed Mr. Nigel-Murray. I hope Sweets isn’t leaving as he’s the reason we started watching again. We had stopped part through Season 2 (I think). The addition of Sweets got us watching again and we haven’t missed an episode since then. I am however super sick of Pellant. The ongoing episodes with him are simply annoying and his character needs to be dealt with in a final way. Gormagon was fine, even the GraveDigger was fine…horrible but understandable. All this Pellant crap is just that, crap. Okay but back to Sweets. I think he’s a fantastic part of the show and hope he’s not leaving.

23. Sarah on April 23rd, 2013 4:39 pm

The caption for the episode says it about Pelant targeting agent near Booth. Maybe when they panic about Booth, the team forgets about Sweets’ protection and he almost dies because of their neglect. It’s unlike the geniuses to forget something so crucial, but they might not think of Sweets as FBI. I think of him as one of the squints.

24. Sarah on April 23rd, 2013 4:41 pm

And for that matter: it would leave him alive with certain lingering feelings that would need to be dealt with later.

25. jaybird on April 23rd, 2013 5:00 pm

His birth parents?

26. bell on April 23rd, 2013 5:20 pm

I hope booth proposes to bones

27. Julez on April 23rd, 2013 6:08 pm

I love sweets I want to see more

28. Pat on April 23rd, 2013 6:28 pm

Well I must say a lot of people here took some money to tell good things about Sweets. C’mon he is annoying as hell.
    Give Hodgins more screen time and develop the plot of him losing his money!

29. EL on April 23rd, 2013 9:13 pm

Maybe not a lot of people but a few people under a lot of names.

30. SLP on April 23rd, 2013 9:56 pm

I liked Sweets when he first came on during season 3 but slowly it seems he’s kind of stepping on what was once referred to as Booth’s strength, being able to read people and knowing when they were lying. If he were to go back to being a shrink and a profiler he wouldn’t be bad and I think he would be of use but in a limit fashion

31. Beth on April 23rd, 2013 11:13 pm

Listen, its not even season 9 yet and I want a season 10. Do they realize how hard it is to find a show with wit, good characters, good actors, a little humor and a story plot that doesnt curse you out or bore you to coma state? I LOVE Bones. Bring it all on!

32. Beth on April 23rd, 2013 11:20 pm

I do like Sweets and I hope he doesnt get killed- but its alot better when he is the shrink and not in Booths domain. He is a more light- hearted character and does best in his shrink mode.

33. Rachel on April 24th, 2013 11:36 pm

Booth knew that Pelant was in their house because he said so to Flynn in episode 1 of season 8 when Brennan, her dad, & Christine were still on the run & Booth was still a “desk jocky” right before he nudged the bobble head on his desk. (Pelant judged scrubbed their security camera before Flynn & the FBI culd see it)

My worry at this point is that Brennan tells Booth she’s ready to marry him & he’s the one to shoot her down because of Pelant. (I seen some preview pics that say Booth has to make a tough decision & he’s sitting on his couch at home, & his eyes are red rimmed. :( ahhh I just want Booth & Brennan to stay together. I love their love story!

I don’t understand the hatred for Sweets either, I just love him.. Cam & Daisy on the other hand… Not so much. Cam is annoying with always reminding everyone she’s the boss.. We KNOW! Lol

34. Rachel on April 24th, 2013 11:40 pm

SLP, I see your point. I think on the one hand it shows how great Booth did in mentoring Sweets along the way.. But at the same time you don’t want him doing Booth’s job.

35. bonesjonsing on April 25th, 2013 7:25 pm

Since Sweets was adopted maybe he finds out that Pelant is his brother. That would throw him for a loop.

36. annonymous on April 30th, 2013 12:57 pm

I hate the way u ended this season,glad sweets doesn”t die but come on!we have waited for this proposal forever and now pilant gets to decide their f
    uture not right just not right!!! How come u won’t just kill the psycho already,instead of talking about cancealling bones why not kill that SOB!!! please please tell me bones will be back

37. alibi on July 11th, 2013 9:46 pm

I love them all. So upset and cried when Nigel Murray died. I think he is funny and i really like his accent . Hope no one dies in season 9 because they are great team and they should be working together till the end.

38. alibi on July 11th, 2013 9:47 pm

all the interns are great except daisy.

39. Rebecca on November 24th, 2013 11:15 pm

We looked into satellites systems and different cellular phone companies trying to find a service that would allow
    us to talk to our office and work on the Internet while on the road in our RV.
    It will inform you that you are not currently connected to your homegroup.
    Thhis device detects and isplays available signal frequency, bandwidth and strength.

Stop by my web blog; what is the best cell phone signal booster for home, Rebecca,

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!