GMMR TV Awards: Favorite Couple (Not Together) – Vote Now!

June 26, 2013 by

It’s time to vote for the GMMR TV Awards!

Give Me My Remote readers sent in their top nominations for nearly 30 different categories, and now it’s time for you to choose your top pick! Most of the categories have five nominees, but due to ties, the number can vary. (And, as a reminder, each category can only have two nominees per show, so only the top two vote-getters moved forward.)

Next up: “Favorite Couple (Not Together).”

Take a look at your nominees and then vote for your choice below!

Esposito and Lanie (Castle)

Picture 1 of 5

Love takes time -- or maybe a break-up (or two) -- as these couples have proven. They may not be together now (and may not ever get that way before the series ends), but which duo do you enjoy the most?

And make sure to vote in all the other GMMR Awards categories here.

Want to make sure your pick takes the top spot? Tweet it! Tumble it! Facebook it! “I just voted for [your choice here] as Favorite Couple (Not Together) in the GMMR TV Awards: http://bit.ly/14YpiBi Vote now!” and we’ll retweet/reblog some of the replies that amuse us the most from @GiveMeMyRemote and our Tumblr account.

The polls close on Friday, July 5th at 5 PM PT (8 PM ET), so happy voting!

Filed under #1 featured, GMMR Awards

Comments

100 Responses to “GMMR TV Awards: Favorite Couple (Not Together) – Vote Now!”

1. E. on June 27th, 2013 2:24 pm

Dean and Cas, always. I’m really glad someone else mentioned Mulder and Scully, because I find them to be such a wonderful parallel. It’s worth a mention that M&S are my OTP, with D&C being my “non-canon OTP”–and second overall to M&S. If they became canon, hell, I feel like they may even take over the pairing that’s been the dearest to my heart for as long as I can remember…

Everyone’s already said all that I can say about this pairing–I too hope that the writers will take the step into making it official!

2. Hayley on June 27th, 2013 2:33 pm

even if you don’t ship dean and castiel, the ship sails itself

3. michael on June 27th, 2013 2:35 pm

I LOVE DEAN AND CAS :) I hope that they do end up together because they really do care and love each other so much.

4. james on June 27th, 2013 2:37 pm

Dean and Cas are my OTP because of how much they care for each other, and how they always find each other no matter what.

5. Olivia on June 27th, 2013 2:38 pm

“See Castiel has this weakness, he likes you.” – URIEL ANGEL OF THE LORD

“You know the one who’s in a dirty trenchcoat who’s in love with you?” – BALTHAZAR ANGEL OF THE LORD

“He was your boyfriend first.” – MEG THE DEMON

“Where’s your angel?” – CROWLEY THE (FORMER) KING OF HELL

EVEN ALL THE MONSTERS IN PURGATORY REFER TO CASTIEL AS “YOUR ANGEL” TO DEAN

“You know what? When angels and demons agree on something, call me nuts, I pay attention.” – SAM WINCHESTER

6. lisa on June 27th, 2013 2:39 pm

Dean and Castiel, there’s no doubt in that!

7. Anna on June 27th, 2013 2:44 pm

Dean and Castiel for sure

8. Natalie on June 27th, 2013 3:09 pm

Definitely Dean and Castiel!
    Few couples on tv make me feel as invested in their story as they do! To see their profound bond grow through the seasons as they learned to trust and rely on each other is wonderful to watch. While I adore Sam and Dean and love their brotherly scenes, I have to admit that at this stage, Dean and Cas are my favourite relationship on the show. The extent to which they will protect each other and how they refuse to give up on each other even, literally, in the face of death is so beautiful to watch. They’ve gone through many struggles and their relationship has had many ups and downs but they always manage to overcome it. Even when Cas does something that Dean doesn’t approve of that would instantly turn him against anyone else, Dean always forgives him because, as Sam said, “He’s Cas!”. With everything they’ve been through, through heaven and hell, death and back there is nothing they can’t get through together. And after watching Dean’s utter depression in Season 7 when Cas had died, i think we can all agree how much the hunter needs his angel – even if we hadn’t had two amazing scenes this season which voiced just that!

9. Sophia on June 27th, 2013 3:19 pm

Definitely Dean and Castiel, the show’s OTP. They are two halves of a whole, and nothing will ever convince me that they didn’t fall deeply in love with each other, during their 5 years of fighting together. 😀

10. Joels K on June 27th, 2013 4:23 pm

Dean & Cas. Profoundly bonded hunter and angel have stolen my heart, forever!

11. con on June 27th, 2013 5:13 pm

I think it’s safe to say it’s a resounding vote for Destiel

12. lauren on June 27th, 2013 5:55 pm

Dean and Castiel. No matter what, they always find a way back to each other. I’m rooting for them.

13. Yvonne on June 27th, 2013 8:06 pm

Dean and Castiel all the way! I’ve never cried over two people more. The chemistry is so compelling and strong, you forget that there are other people in the rooms sometimes. I’m surprised they are not together yet!

14. anna on June 27th, 2013 8:18 pm

Dean and Castiel, the better love story EVER told.

15. Beth on June 27th, 2013 9:47 pm

Dean and Castiel have the best slow-burn romance on television. They are best friends, and also each other’s personal tragedies. They were never meant to be together, Castiel wasn’t even a part of this story — but they defy fate and god and death again and again, to find to each other. Dean especially has realized how much he needs Cas in his life, and will claw his way through Purgatory for a year before he lets him go. He’ll risk his life on the chance that his friend will recognize him through Naomi’s mind control. And because Castiel loves him, he does. It’s really mind-boggling what they’ve been through together.

16. Elisabeth G on June 27th, 2013 10:01 pm

Society is more than ready for a couple like this to become a reality. I think it would attract a lot of attention and be GREAT for business; it would be trendy too, considering all the legislation that’s being passed to further marriage equality.

It makes sense, from a social, artistic and business standpoint. Let’s get it done producers, let’s get it done network execs!

17. sakane on June 27th, 2013 10:37 pm

Profound bond!! <3

18. Ashleigh on June 27th, 2013 10:58 pm

I love Esposito & Lanie and hope they get back together on Castle but I had to vote for Dean and Castiel! Happy that Castle is getting more exposure though hehe.

19. Little Red Charlette on June 27th, 2013 11:13 pm

Where are SHELDON & PENNY for our fave couple who’s (painfully) not together? No one can deny the amazeballs chemistry these 2 have had since the Pilot. Hands-down, the most exciting/funny/sweet/cute/pull-your-pigtails-at-the-playground-and-bring-out-the-best-and-worst-in-each-other chemistry among the whole cast, which makes the fact that they’re not given a chance to be together such a crying shame.

20. E Novak on June 28th, 2013 2:08 am

Absolutely my vote goes to Dean and Castiel, the hunter and the former angel. For me it is already an epic love story no matter what happens in the future on the show. The angel that got too close to those in his charge (aka: Dean) and defied Heaven itself to help Dean Winchester try and save the world. The hunter that doesn’t trust anything supernatural, but yet came to care about the angel like one of his own family. Even though in theory they’re two beings that probably shouldn’t work, they fit together to beautifully that it often brings me to tears.

21. cyano on June 28th, 2013 2:08 am

Like most cas see dean eyes, never so earnest focue, as if only can see him. cas for dean fall day for he rebelled against god, and there are a lot of pay are let people moved. dean also never give up the cas, even if he hurt sam. so this vote I want to chose them.

22. balrogcumbersmaug on June 28th, 2013 3:44 am

Dean and Cas all the way to the other end of this universe and back because they love each other beyond the shadow of a doubt, even if it is in a brotherly way because that love is still there and there’s no denying it and I think that if the writers were to finally go through with it (in the right fashion) Destiel would go down in history.

23. katie on June 28th, 2013 6:14 am

Dean and Cas, absolutely. I agree with everyone else: considering season 8, I’d be stunned if they didn’t go canon before the end of the series.

24. Lorena on June 28th, 2013 1:22 pm

Tony and Ziva

25. Kiara on June 28th, 2013 3:03 pm

Dean&Castiel ♥

26. Camille on June 28th, 2013 4:15 pm

Even the actors support Destiel!

27. Sun on June 29th, 2013 2:19 am

Dean and Castiel. Most romantic couple I’ve seen.
    I don’t care if they don’t kiss, because they have intimate moments in different levels. I don’t care if they don’t say ‘I love you’, cause they say it everytime they look at each other. They may not have many hugs, but they’re always attracted to each other… like magnets.
    Pure love.

28. Amy on June 29th, 2013 2:37 pm

Dean/Cas. It’s not even a question to me. Even if you don’t choose to see them as a canon-worthy couple, the chemistry between the two is remarkable. Jensen and Misha are both just such incredible actors, and the show has given us ample opportunity, particularly this season, to explore the dynamic of their relationship and the development thereof.

29. Sunny on June 29th, 2013 4:03 pm

At this point, Dean and Castiel, absolutely. Their relationship has been developed so organically that if the show decides to take the leap and make it a romance in canon, it will feel like the next natural step. I also feel it is the smartest choice, taking into account the current social atmosphere. As long as it’s done so that the show’s overall themes don’t shift, I’m all for the love story between the hunter and his (former)angel.

30. Song on July 1st, 2013 10:41 am

Okay, if Dean and Cas are not canon, then why do they seem to keep getting pulled into competitions about couples?
    It’s amazing that the kind of chemistry between Dean and Castiel are comparable to the chemistry between all of the other couples: Rachel and Finn for example, who totally were together….
    Dude…no other love is better than theirs, hands down. Castiel and Dean.

31. Julia on July 1st, 2013 11:28 am

Dean and Castiel? Are you CRAZY? There’s no such thing as Destiel except in fanon. I don’t understand all of you delusional people. There’s nothing canonical about Dean & Cas. Seriously – you people are crazy.

32. Mitchie on July 1st, 2013 1:03 pm

Oh god I will vote for any other pairing just so Destiel won’t win. I just don’t see it at all. Yuck.

33. Erica on July 1st, 2013 3:10 pm

And again, people who don’t ship Destiel have nothing better to do with their lives than obsess over Destiel. Seriously, those two comments above me…get a life.

34. Logan on July 1st, 2013 3:28 pm

I think it’s funny that people are complaining that Dean and Cas “aren’t canon” when this is a contest for couples that AREN’T TOGETHER. Hands down voted for Cas and Dean, for two equally important reasons: 1, Dean and Cas’ story reads as undeniably romantic to me. And 2, even if Cas had never appeared I would still never be able to see Dean as anything other than a repressed bisexual. He has been sending out glaringly obvious signals since the earliest seasons.

35. Apple on July 1st, 2013 5:47 pm

Dean/Cas, most epic love story ever told. The way that they look at each other, fight for each other, they’ve literally been through Heaven, Hell and even Purgatory together. Dean would have rather destroyed himself (along with Benny) getting Cas out of Purgatory then leave him behind. I mean come on how do you not see love there?

36. Char on July 1st, 2013 8:43 pm

I am not a “shipper” and do not consider myself to be part of fandom, but I appreciate the sheer depth of Dean and Castiel’s relationship, whether it’s interpreted as romantic, familial or otherwise. It blows the others here out of the water.

37. Lisa on July 1st, 2013 9:00 pm

I need Tony and Ziva to get together before I die! I mean that literally. It’s been 8 years, and I’m not getting any younger.

38. Jordan on July 1st, 2013 10:53 pm

Go Dean/Cas! 😀

39. Hana on July 2nd, 2013 4:39 pm

DESTIELL YA IDJITS.

40. deaniebee on July 2nd, 2013 8:34 pm

Dean and Cas! They’re relationship dynamic is so unique and so natural. Would love to see it be canon in season 9! Loved all the destiel moments in season gr8! Eagerly awaiting more ~

41. sammy on July 3rd, 2013 12:30 pm

DESTIEL <3

42. The Other Self on July 4th, 2013 9:43 am

Team Profound Bond!

43. Sophia on July 5th, 2013 2:01 am

Just because some people don’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there… Just sayin’ :)
    DEAN & CASTIEL, ALWAYS <3

44. Destielispurelove on July 5th, 2013 12:30 pm

Dean and Castiel! Need I say more? <3

45. Michael on July 5th, 2013 1:02 pm

Destiel is love! I hope Dean and Cas end up together because they really do love and care for each other:)

46. Romina on July 5th, 2013 7:56 pm

Dean and Castiel! Without their profound bond spn wouldn’t have made it this far!

47. ??? on July 28th, 2013 11:25 pm

Dean and Castiel, because Castiel’s only crime was loving Dean too much.

48. ArcaniA steam key generator download 2014 on July 4th, 2014 9:58 pm

This text is worth everyone’s attention. Where can I find
    out more?

49. AI War Fleet Command steam key generator download on July 4th, 2014 10:49 pm

all the time i used to read smaller articles that as well clear their motive,
    and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading
    now.

50. Willow on February 27th, 2015 7:30 am

When will people learn…? *sigh* Dean and Castiel will never be true…it is not a love story…it is completely platonic…they are like brothers.