HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Season 9 Premiere: Eight Teases For the First Two Episodes
September 10, 2013 by Marisa Roffman
The final season of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER is about to kick off, which is incredibly bittersweet. On one hand, we get to finally spend some quality time with the show’s long-teased mother (and experience Barney and Robin’s wedding weekend), but this is also the definitive end.
I went to a screening of the first two episodes today, and am delighted to share there are several laugh-out-loud moments, and a few moments that will tug at your heart a bit. And while I can’t ruin too much else, I do have a few more teases about what goes down…
- Barney’s often-ignored Canadian side will be the cause of much stress for the engaged couple.
- Who will be the wedding’s “wild card”? Robin and Barney have a few options…
- Marshall’s mother may be incredibly low-tech, but her Facebooking could cause major problems for Lily and Marshall.
- Alyson Hannigan (Lily) likely wasn’t kidding when she said her first scene with Cristin Milioti (the show’s titular mother) caused her to bruise.
- Wayne Brady’s James does an epic duet in the premiere…by himself.
- At least one scene in the first two episodes brought me to tears.
- Someone decides they’re going to need a drink in their hand the entire weekend — and is willing to pay to make sure that happens.
- Ted learns the hard way that being single at a romantic inn doesn’t go over particularly well.
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER premieres Monday, September 23rd at 8 PM on CBS.