GMMR TV Awards: The Winners Revealed! | Give Me My Remote

GMMR TV Awards: The Winners Revealed!

July 8, 2013 by

We have our winners!

After weeks of nominations and voting, you guys have determined who should take home the third annual Give Me My Remote TV Awards.

Before we get to the winners, once again, I want thank all of the fans who participated in this. Whether you left your nominations in the original post or voted in any of the categories, none of this would have been possible without your input. I loved seeing your nominations — whether I agreed with them or not — and your passion for your favorite shows is always inspiring.

Which also means this is a good time to remind you that these winners are 100% decided by you, and some fanbases came out in droves. So if you’re delighted by the winners, yay! I’m so happy for you. If you’re disappointed, a) very sorry, and b) hopefully you’re satisfied with at least one category.

So with that being said, take a look at your winners of the third annual GMMR TV Awards…

Best Season Finale Cliffhanger

Picture 13 of 29

SUPERNATURAL

Or if you were curious about a specific category winner…

Are you happy with the winners? Wish someone/something else had taken a certain category?

Filed under #1 featured, GMMR Awards

Comments

106 Responses to “GMMR TV Awards: The Winners Revealed!”

1. Mica on July 10th, 2013 3:11 am

I voted for Cas to get more of a character arc / development because I want to see him grow into his humanity onscreen. In Fringe, when September lost the thing that really was his “grace,” he slowly turned into Donald. & he became just as human as the rest of the characters & it was beautiful to see those results. But a lot of that development that would have been A+ was made offscreen & only hinted toward. Or it was so obvious that it was really hard to miss it, like Donald / September expressing his newfound love by accepting sacrifice.

I’d LOVE to see Cas grow into himself more & more & his relationships with others – especially Dean – developed further. I’d love for it just to take off & turn into something glorious. But dear lord are the Supernatural wars fierce in the shit. My fucking bad.

2. Charlotte on July 10th, 2013 6:34 am

Sometimes I feel the problem with Dean’s “storylines” that some fans claim are there, ie the character development ones..the emotional ones, is that unless you spend hours on tumblr reading/writing meta while pouring over every second of every episode, freeze framing particular facial expressions and analyzing their meanings they’re not really obvious. Don’t get me wrong, I love to read between the lines to dig deeper into Supernatural, but there should still be enough on the surface to keep everyone happy – all types of fans..and I don’t think that’s the case with Dean’s. You shouldn’t have to go looking to see his storylines, they should be there for ALL to see, not just the full time die hard fans who like to comment on Dean’s choice of clothing, and call that character development. How do they know for sure? It might just be the wardrobe department having fun with colours.

It seems to me that lately a lot of fans approach Dean’s storylines like they do shipping, they search the subtext and claim it’s there..and I am not disputing their claims, and the meta is often enlightening and worth a read..but I just think it would be nice for Dean to have storylines that are TEXT..clear as day. Bonus if Carver actually talks about them too.

3. Sunny on July 10th, 2013 11:19 am

@Charlotte I understand what you mean by Dean’s storylines, the emotional ones, being often quite subtle, but I haven’t really delved into any Dean meta and yet for me his journey this season has been the most powerful one. It might be simply because of the contrast between seasons 7 and 8, but in s8 Dean has seemed so much more open and willing to solve his problems by talking rather than by drinking, at least to me, that it blew me away.
    In addition to the season’s atmosphere being lighter than in the last few years, the change in Dean’s behavior has been the most apparent difference between the seasons(and also the way some side characters actually survived past the finale). If the show managed to give all of team free will a balanced storyline, instead of only Cas getting one, I would be even happier, though.

4. hazel on July 10th, 2013 5:09 pm

yeah! Caskett Caskett Caskett

5. Dean's Mojo on July 13th, 2013 12:44 am

@Michelle – Thank you so much for telling me how I should watch TV, feel about and show and react to the various idiocies in fandom. I don’t know how I managed to get through life without your condescension to illuminate the way.

By the way, your words would have meant even more to me if you had bothered to actually read my post instead of just lecturing since I clearly stated that I didn’t think this poll would matter to TPTB, but that it mattered to me because it showed me who my allies were in this fandom and clearly not the majority of Destiel fans. But since you know best about everything including strangers on the internet, I can see why you wouldn’t bother to actually read something someone else wrote before judging and lecturing.

Also thanks so much for proving my point with your token TFW suck-up sentence. I’m sure all those ESG Cas-haters will start loving him now.

6. WTH on July 14th, 2013 11:12 pm

Holy hell look at this comment section. Are these really Dean!girls posting or just trolls trying to make Dean!girls look like a bunch of whiny hateful brats?