Community Archives - Page 3 of 6 - Give Me My Remote : Give Me My Remote

Danny Pudi Teases the COMMUNITY Animated Webisodes

March 4, 2012 by  
Filed under #1 featured, Community

If you’ve been counting down the days until COMMUNITY’s return, there’s a little something coming your way to make the wait a bit more bearable — webisodes! NBC announced “Abed’s Master Key,” a three-part animated series will debut its first webisode on NBC.com and Hulu.com (both Hulu-Plus and the free version) on Wednesday, March 7th. […]

COMMUNITY’s Cold Opening Musical Number [VIDEO]

September 22, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

Oh COMMUNITY! You are your passive aggressive digs at GLEE. You make me smile! The season premiere of COMMUNITY set the stage for the new season in the most musical of ways.  In case you missed the music in Jeff’s mind, check it out here:

COMMUNITY Recap: ‘A Few Paintballs More’

May 13, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

And so the second season of COMMUNITY comes to an end. It contained such wonders as Christmas pterodactyls, surprise Nazi trampolines, a meta episode about the metaness of being meta, sexual tension, ABBA zombies, some unplanned pregnancy, and Drew Carey. I think it’s safe to say it’s been a grand sophomore season. As we moved […]

COMMUNITY Season Finale Preview: ‘For a Few Paintballs More’

May 12, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

COMMUNITY fans, tonight marks the finale of the series’ second season. What will we do for a whole summer without our favorite study group to keep us warm and fuzzy? If it’s any consolation, this evening’s episode (part 2 of the show’s paintball war reprise) is shaping up to be quite the epic showdown. Plus, […]

COMMUNITY Recap: ‘A Fist Full of Paintballs’

May 6, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

A year ago COMMUNITY’s “Modern Warfare” episode took the sitcom concept to a whole new level. Some (including this writer) took it to be one of the best episodes of any show that year. Why? Because it was epic. It took the conceit COMMUNITY had been working under all season — that they could play […]

COMMUNITY Preview: ‘A Fist Full of Paintballs’

May 5, 2011 by  

Guys, are you ready? This week COMMUNITY’s Greendale Community College is venturing back into the world of paintball for the first of the show’s two-part season finale, and I smell a classic. Don’t believe me? Here’s what we know about the hour so far: Dean Pelton decides to cap off the year with another game […]

COMMUNITY Recap: ‘Applied Anthropology and Culinary Arts’

April 29, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

This week on COMMUNITY marked a landmark for one our characters, and the resolution of a many-episode mystery: the birth of Shirley’s child, and the revelation of whether the father of the baby is Shirley’s reconciled husband Andre (guest star Malcolm Jamal-Warner), or their former Spanish teacher Chang. It was a really sweet episode overall, […]

COMMUNITY Recap: Paradigms of Human Memory

April 23, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

“Feast your ear-tons on these memory pops!” Everyone who has seen and enjoyed more than a single episode of COMMUNITY can tell you: this show does things a little differently. It’s a sitcom like so many others, but while it acknowledges the tropes it works within, it spends its energy on twisting them, and its […]

COMMUNITY Recap: ‘Competitive Wine Tasting’

April 15, 2011 by  

For our study group, it’s the last day to sign up for Spring semester electives, and the episode’s storylines largely revolve around which class each character signs up for and who they’re paired off with. So, let’s review… Troy and Britta Troy and Britta, on the suggestion of their dance teacher, signed up for “The […]

COMMUNITY Recap: ‘Critical Film Studies’

March 25, 2011 by  

As pop-culture junkies, sometime life throws us some rather unique curveballs. For instance, the issue of how to have a “normal” conversation with absolutely no references thrown in, no quotes from last week’s 30 ROCK and no allusions to some character who influenced you as a child. Week to week, COMMUNITY is a show that […]

COMMUNITY Goes PULP FICTION

March 24, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

It’s Abed’s birthday this week on COMMUNITY, and what did you expect? An episode NOT full of references to cult fandom, wigs and gender-bending facial hair? If so, you will be sorely disappointed. The rest of us, however, will be filled with joy and raucous laughter. This week’s episode pays homage to Quentin Tarantino’s cult […]

COMMUNITY Recap: ‘Custody Law and Eastern European Diplomacy’

March 18, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

Well, kids, it’s good to be back. COMMUNITY may only have been gone for two weeks, but it was a loooong two weeks on my end. At least they came back with a bang! Or, if not a bang, a framed kidnapping and some prolonged jokes about nipple play… But I’m glad they’re back. As […]

COMMUNITY, PARKS AND REC, THE OFFICE Officially Picked Up

The people of Scranton, Pawnee and Greendale have another reason to celebrate this St. Patrick’s Day. NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt has just announced that COMMUNITY, PARKS AND RECREATION and THE OFFICE will be back next season for sure: “I am so pleased to renew these three outstanding comedies which are all at the top of […]

COMMUNITY Goes PULP FICTION For Abed’s Birthday

March 4, 2011 by  
Filed under Community

There may have been no new episode of COMMUNITY airing this week (*sob*), but at least they’re giving us something pretty darn awesome to look forward to. It was recently revealed the show will be tackling yet another pop-culture homage — this time, Quentin Tarantino’s PULP FICTION. The episode will revolve around the study group’s […]

LOST’s Josh Holloway to Guest on COMMUNITY

February 28, 2011 by  
Filed under Community, Lost, TV News

Attention: fan-boys and -girls everywhere… LOST and COMMUNITY are about to collide. According to EW.com, LOST’s Josh Holloway (who played former bad boy Sawyer) is in the final stages of closing a deal to appear on COMMUNITY for the sitcom’s two-part season finale. If it’s anything like LOST’s finales, I suppose we should be worried […]

Comments