GOSSIP GIRL Spoilers: Chuck & Blair and More in Season 4 | Give Me My Remote

July 29, 2010 by

As promised, after the GOSSIP GIRL panel at TCA — which we live blogged for your reading pleasure — we did in fact storm the stage and attack executive producers Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz with your reader questions.

In this first installment of our interrogation, we concentrate on one Mr. Chuck Bass and what he’ll be up to in season 4.

But be sure to come back to GIVE ME MY REMOTE later tonight or early tomorrow for more on the rest of the show’s characters…

So, what can you say about the new season and Chuck’s story?
Stephanie Savage:
We’re really excited about Clemence [Poesy], who plays a character named Eva who comes to us through Chuck’s world. [Clemence] is such a special, special actress and, I think, coming from film and being European, she just has a totally different energy than the rest of the cast and it feels really fresh and exciting when she’s in scenes with these guys — both in Paris and then back in New York.

Do we know how long Clemence (Eva) is sticking around for?
SS: I know how long she’s sticking around for! I don’t want to say exactly how many episodes, because I find that people then count them down in a way that keeps them from really investing in the story, but it’s multiple episodes and she’s someone that we’ve loved working with so much that we’d love to have her back in the future.

Can you say anything about the character’s personality? Will she be likable?
SS:
I think she’s extremely likable. She’s very different than any of the other characters on the show and she comes in as a real outsider to the world — not just like Upper East Side versus Brooklyn but to the whole culture. And she’s a little bit of an innocent who gets schooled pretty hard when she arrives.

Courtesy of Blair, perhaps?
SS:
[Laughs] Perhaps!

We know Chuck is alive, obviously, but is he suffering any repercussions from the shooting?
SS: He has a cane and we will discover that he may have not gotten the best medical care possible after he was found in the alley!

Other than his goings-on with Eva and Blair, what will Chuck be up to? Is he going to hold on to the hotel this year?
SS:

Is he going to be going to school at all?
SS:
…interesting question!

Interesting answer… Are you at all surprised about the audience being so drawn to this character, given how sort of complicated he is?
Josh Schwartz:
He’s done some pretty bad things — I think we actually saw him at his lowest at the end of last year — and he’s done some great things. And he’s shown that he’s a real romantic, too. And with an actor like Ed, you have someone who can take you there. You see how charming he is. How do you not love that guy? People find that character fun and enjoy taking the ride.

And how will Blair find that character this season?
JS:
Oh Blair. I get so much enjoyment from Blair Waldorf. You know, her being at NYU was like throwing a fish far, far out of water and I think [now that she’s at Columbia] you’ll see Blair with her power back, with her swagger back, you know, back in her game, but still troubled by thoughts of Mr. Bass. The Chuck-Blair relationship, whether they’re together or not — which I’m certainly not going to reveal either way — will always be a huge drive to the show emotionally.

What do you think, you guys?

Chuck Bass as a college boy? In a serious relationship with someone other than Blair?

Weigh in below…

And don’t forget to come back to GIVE ME MY REMOTE for more of the latest on your favorite GOSSIP GIRLs and boys, including Dan, Serena, Vanessa, Eric and Katie Cassidy’s character too…

Follow GMMR and KorbiGirl on Twitter, and Facebook too, for all your up-to-the-minute TV news and commentary.

Stay up to date on all of GMMR’s exclusive videos by subscribing to our new YouTube Channel – GiveMeMyRemote TV

Comments

99 Responses to “GOSSIP GIRL: Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage Spill on Chuck, Blair…and Eva in Season 4”

1. confused on August 1st, 2010 5:10 am

I’m just confused about where GG is going. They are still trying to rep Chair after all that happened? Why in the world does Chuck find love again while Blair suffers even more. And oh wait….Jenny and Chuck now that is just messed up and they tried to make this crazy and shocked cliffhanger that only looked like Chuck as a perverted fool. I mean c’mon, they should have had Jenny have sex with Chuck when the show began if she was going to lose her virginity anyway by him. SMDH. Blair needs to punch Chuck’s lights out and I do not care that he got shot….

2. Audrey on August 1st, 2010 9:56 am

OK, I only watch GG because of Chuck and Blair, but after the stupid SLs the writers gave us last season, Chuck should be fighting for Blair, not having a new girlfriend. Like someone said, I dont understand why they are ruining such great characters and couples. And no, it’s not Chuck who makes Blair pathetic, it’s the writing. Last season Blair was pathetic and annoyig because of her stupid NYU’s SL, and the writers just put her there because they wanted Blair and Dan to have more scenes together, and look what happened, it ruined Blair’s character. No way I want Dan and Blair to happen. The day it happens is the day I’ll be completly over gg. Chuck, Blair and their relationship need better writing. Pairing them up with other people is not gonna help. Im just gonna watch season 4 when Eva is gone and when Im sure the main story is Chuck fighting for Blair. It will probably never happen, so XOXO GG, you really used to be a great shpw

3. Audrey on August 1st, 2010 9:58 am

And lol at the same person posting over and over again how dair is great and chair is boring. You know, I hate dair, but I kind of wish it happens, so I can be over this show for good.

4. Audrey on August 1st, 2010 10:03 am

PISSEDOFF253, Blair will grow when the writers let her grow, it’s not a matter of who she is with. And what made Blair act like an annoying 5 year old last season was her NYU’s SL, not her relationship whit Chuck. And honestly, I dont want Blair to stop being a bitch, mean person. And with Dan, no way she can be the Blair I love. I want my fierce bitch back, same with Chuck. They didnt need to change Blair and Chuck’s characters so much. I wanna see them scheming, being evil TOGETHER again. Let them manipulate everybody in this show, but not each other

5. @Audrey on August 1st, 2010 10:13 am

Um, two people posted about Dair. I was one of them. IDK who the other person is, and our writing styles are nothing alike.

6. Can i say these...? on August 1st, 2010 12:42 pm

I am tired with chair..can you focus in others characters please??give as some dan,vanessa,nate,jenny scoop! Or make a chair spinoff and leave as alone..i hate chair!

7. andrea on August 6th, 2010 5:22 pm

YO esperaba q Chuck luchara por el amor de blair pero no le consiguen novia nueva a chuck un amigo y mas cosa buenas para el cuando el le ha echo a blair mucho daño blair es la que deberia tener nuevo novio y amigos . pero si no es asi deberian a ser q el hotel de chuck se sa un desastre o q alguien le destruya la vida a chuck pero si noes asi es una porqueria

8. persephone on August 9th, 2010 3:33 am

i like the season 3 finale as much as i hated it i still loved it y so many haters i like gg and i agree blair does deserve better but there made for each other without them the show would lose like over 50% of there viewers plus me and i dont care if u bring jenny back shes a slut

9. Spencer on August 13th, 2010 5:36 pm

OMG! just tell me this is a joke. WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE THIS SHOW?!
    i lovee it! i mean, yes, season 3 was truly boring and they were acting like “grandparents” but it wasn’t dreadfull! i actually am thrilled about the fact that season 4 will open with blair and serena in paris! i was overwhelmed when i learned that chuck was also going to be in paris! then, i heard that he was going to bring a gf with him.. i said “no big, he probably brought her because he wanted blair to get jealous” but then, i saw the most unexpected picture on the net. CHUCK GIFTING A VERY EXPENSIVE WATCH TO EVA! some people really do have a point here, saying “he gives crap to blair and then his good side to eva?”. well, i do agree but some people are exagerrating! chuck was acting as a total gentleman throughout the season. he and blair had so many valueble scenes but you guys all ignore them. just because he did a terrible thing at one of the last episodes, you all start to say “no, blair doesn’t deserve him,” blah blah blah! you see guys, the thing is: there would be NO gossip girl if there werent any chair. as people magazine said, chair is the heart of gossip girl. btw, eva will be only be in a couple of episodes so.. maybe the reason why she would leave be because chuck proposed to BLAIR! or maybe because blair was still in her heart..just think optimistic, everything could happen if you do!
    PS: there are some pictures in paris with a chuck-looking guy and blair so blair does gets little new relationships.. so she tries to forget chuck instead of sobbing after him 🙂

10. Janine on August 28th, 2010 3:55 am

I want Chuck & Blair back. This is ridiculous! OMG. If they don’t get back together on Season 4, then it’s gonna be a whole damn waste for me. CHAIR FOREVER!

11. marry on September 2nd, 2010 8:13 am

RWR….. i dont think that chuck as a school boy is a good idea .. i mean come on hes chuck bass ! who needs school when ure that hot

12. chair4eva on September 15th, 2010 1:00 am

the chuck blair romance is the only reason anyone cares about gossip girl, so once they end up together and happy the show will have to end. this show should have ended already, i feel like its been dragged out already, and i give it maybe one more season until people just get bored and impatient. times running out gossip girl, will it end properly with a fabulous chuck blair reunion? or will this show be forgotten forever…

13. emily on September 26th, 2010 8:05 pm

In every show i watch there is always a couple who i just love and Chuck and Blair are mine in Gossip Girl. How ever if they ever officially break up and never get back together you can count on me never watching that show again. This happened with Josh Schwartz other show the OC when they cut off Marissa Cooper. So if i were the writers i wouldn’t cut them off. Just my opinion.

14. Ashley on September 28th, 2010 1:38 am

Chuck and Blair have to be together!!!!!

15. Robyn on September 29th, 2010 1:38 am

I didn’t start watching Gossip Girl until the 3rd season. Then, I bought seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and I’ve become totally hooked on Chuck and Blair. I too do not understand why they had Chuck treat Blair so badly at the season 3. They had conquered so much to be together, it seemed out of character. Why have Chuck grow and come so far to have him do something so cruel?

Anyway, I still have hope for Chuck and Blair because these characters have a real chemistry. In season 1, Blair was Nate’s second choice. Her own mother seemed to prefer Serena over her. Chuck was the one person who saw her and really embraced everything about her. He had the real feelings for Blair, even if he was not very good at expressing them. Other girls, Chuck saw as objects, but he always seemed to respect Blair, like she was his equal. I can’t imagine him ending up with anyone else.

16. ingrid on October 1st, 2010 8:05 am

how come chuck gets a new love? it even looks like he’s not interested in blair anymore. it sucks. i mean, CLEMENCE?? come on. european my ass.

17. Jewel on October 3rd, 2010 10:00 am

“Eva is such an insensitive thing to do for the character of Blair, I dont care she is with Chuck, but to have Blair have to react to her after how miserable she was in S3 just makes me rage. I really feel like they hate Blair, and now they are going to have Blair school Eva possibly and make her cry into Chuck’s shoulders, someone shoot me now. We are not going to get invested in Eva, because she SHOULDNT BE THERE after the way you destroyed the only two characters you USED to write well… ”

Oh, you couldn’t be anymore on spot my friend…
    I seriously think that they’re ruining everything with Chuck and Blair….
    How could he jump from proposing to Blair to forgetting her and being with another girl… And he was shot, not hit in the head…
    So if they wanna make things right, and not loose anymore viewers they should make Chuck fight for Blair. And they should apologize to each other and realize that they need to mature and act like adults with their relationship…NO MORE GAMES… (It’s getting a bit boring…)Why complicate things? He loves her. She loves him. Get them back together. Sheesh, I’m still watching the show because of the hope of C&B reuniting…

18. Jewel on October 3rd, 2010 10:04 am

And Robyn you’re so right….
    Chuck was the ONLY one that ever saw Blair as a complete, whole, and perfect person… while the others saw her as a snobby little bitch.

19. Jewel on October 3rd, 2010 10:10 am

Audrey, I agree with you 100%!
    I think Chuck and Blair are perfect together! And seeing them manipulating everyone BUT each other will be very interesting! And Blair does NOT act like a 5 year old because she’s with Chuck. So I’m still rooting for Chair 😀

20. nicole on October 5th, 2010 3:02 pm

I got into GG last fall by accident, watched all 3 seasons in a matter of days and was anxiously waiting for this season. So far though, I have been a little disappointed. I HATE EVA. Why did the writers think this would be a lovable character? SHE JUST DOESN’T BELONG. And I shouldn’t even get started on my disgust for Juliet. For some real drama, they should have Serena kick her @**, then have Juliet die in a horribly gruesome way. Did I mention I don’t like Juliet? Anyways, I guess they needed to add some new dimensions to keep the storyline up, but please writers, if you are reading this, THERE MUST BE A CHAIR COMEBACK OR I THINK YOU WILL LOSE A LOT OF YOUR AUDIENCE. But that’s just my unprofessional speculation. After all, I am just a viewer, right?

21. blahbalh on October 5th, 2010 7:25 pm

I WANT CHUCK AND BLAIR
    im seriously going to stop watching gossip girl if they dont get back together

22. blahbalh on October 5th, 2010 7:26 pm

if chuck and blair dont get back together
    i gurantee u 900000% of the ppl are goign to stop watching gossip girl

23. gossipgirl4eva on October 5th, 2010 9:42 pm

They NEED to keep eva and chuck together. She’s refreshing.

24. loveit on October 5th, 2010 11:52 pm

I want to see chuck and b get back together!!! ASAP

25. Samantha on October 8th, 2010 6:36 pm

I Love GG my favorite part is the love between chuck and blair Ive been watching the new season and so I predict that because chuck and blair are at war again this is there chance to get back into the game We all know they’re going to get back together now they’re back to where they were at the begining of season two I hope the season fanily of season 4 chuck praposes to blair and she says Yes I also want nate and surena to get back together

26. sally on November 9th, 2010 8:40 pm

nnnnnnoooooo chuck and blair HAVE to end up together or else theres no more gossip girl! those two make the show! gossip girl without chuck and blair? not worth watching!!!

27. laura stewart on November 28th, 2010 3:51 am

i love all the characters but as chuck said himself chuck and blaire will always be together they belong to each other so if chuck gets with someone else and gives up on blaire gossip girl will have lost the story line this new girl better not stay

28. sophie on December 3rd, 2010 9:53 pm

They’d better get rid of eva quickly..she is so boring//..Blair is the only match for Chuck.you can see the passion between them when they look and talk to each other.either way a great love shouldn’t be lost.they have to bring them back together..
    seems like gg’s reputation is falling already…

29. Hodi on December 11th, 2010 9:06 am

Chuck and Blair foreverrr duh they belong together .

30. Sarah on January 2nd, 2011 3:07 am

CHUCK AND BLAIR ALL THE WAY

31. Serena on January 2nd, 2011 3:10 am

chuck has to fight for blair. CHUCK HAS TO WIN HER BACK he was the one in the wrong and there the cutest thing in the world together….

ive heard rumours that there getting married that would be the best thing in the world! MAKE CHUCK PROPOSE we all know how blair loves weddings chuck said it himself

32. beth on January 2nd, 2011 3:11 am

chair is possibly the cutest thing ever. i will stop watching gossip girl if they dont stay together

33. gossip girl on January 2nd, 2011 3:13 am

CHUCK AND BLAIR <3

everyone will stop watching gossip girl if those two dont end up together i guarantee this. Chuck needs to fight for her and Blair has to forgive him and love him back

34. hannah on January 2nd, 2011 3:17 am

Have I got some gossip for you.
    Word has spread that at the end of season 4 chuck will propose to blair, how is that for rumours..I hope it’s true because chuck and blair were made for each other

you know you love me xoxo gossip girl

35. hannah on January 2nd, 2011 3:19 am

I hate eva by the way I skipped every episode that she was in because she bored me. PLEASE don’t ever bring her back…the amount of viewers that you are starting to loose just because chuck and blair are barley in the episodes together and its getting a little boring

36. blahblahblah on January 2nd, 2011 3:20 am

BRING BACK CHUCK AND BLAIR.

GOSSIP GIRL IS GETTING BORING WITH OUT THEM

37. brianna on January 9th, 2011 11:50 am

Well since we know season 4 has started and the new oner comes on jan 24 blair and chuck hook up a couple times but we also know they say if they are really meant for eachother they will find there way back to eachother wich i hope will the only reason i watch gossip girl is for blair and chuck they belong together so much its ridiculous but i wont watch gossip girrl if they dont get back together and i thought chuck was hte greatest guy in the world when he was baout to propose to her and then struggled for the ring be4 he got shot i cried!

38. Tash on January 15th, 2011 8:43 pm

I WANT CHUCK AND BLAIR BACK TOGETHER!!! .. why do they have to insist on breaking those two up just to keep the auidence watching the show. There are other reasons people watch GG and its not just those two. I loved GG so much better when they finally got together and i feel ripped off because you waited soo long for them to finally get together and it last only a couple of episodes before BANG over!! I dont want Season 4 to be like that … I will stop watch GG all together and give up on Chuck and Blair if that the case …. SERIOUSLY … how many people is it going to take to say that they want Chuck and Blair back before the producers realise they are loosing the auidence!!!

39. Amyyyyyyyyyyyyyy on January 22nd, 2011 3:51 pm

I LOVE CHUCK AND BLAIR theyre the reason i watch gossip girl! Eva is a fucking loser! She can sod off back to france! Chuck and blair will be together at the end of season four! I cant wait for the reunion!!!<3 GO CHAIR

40. Alex Anderson on January 26th, 2011 10:42 pm

Chuck and Blair are obviously meant to be together. So he gave her to jack, BIG DEAL. Life goes on and either way is CHUCK BASS even Blair can’t even change him. i mean really,he has broken her heart over and over and they almost get back together and then nates mom has to ruin everything. COOL. But when they DO get back together and she does change chuck…why is that a bad thing? To get ad keep bass industries he needs to be a changed man. Plus he needs to marry blair, their wedding would be soooooo cute ahhhh<3 and ew lonely boy and B….bad combo. it sholud be and stay: serena+nate, Chuck+Blair, Dan+vanessa……cause they are both bitches.

41. Sarah on January 27th, 2011 6:45 pm

CHUCK & BLAIR ALL THE WAAAAY !

GET TOGETHER !
    Stupid Jenny, totally hate her. When I first saw Jenny on the show at the beginning, I knew I won’t LIKE her ! & I still don’t even like her !

:'(

42. princess on February 9th, 2011 2:28 am

I cant watch this show if theres no Chuck and Blair!! They belong together! ! They have so much chemistry Chuck should fight for Blair and not some random Eve im sorry but those 2 dont belong together it just feels fake! ! Blair and Chuck you can feel it in hour skin.

43. -D on February 9th, 2011 1:49 pm

BLAIR AND CHUCK ALLLL THE WAYYYYY !!!!!!!
    I cant stop to think this show will go on without them being together !!! Personaly if it wasnt for them i wouldnt watch the show , I dont know if they are together in real life but they should be 🙂 their chemistry is so strong you can feel it inside you

BRING THEM BACK TOGETHER !!!!

44. Rita.Katsianos on February 11th, 2011 2:26 am

I love Chuck and Blair its the only reason i love GG!! they are meant for each other. i think Chuck is so hot!! But Eva is so ugly i cant believe he fell for her ugliness. i mean Chuck u can do better than that. I Want more chuck and blair romance. i’ve seen the last 10 episodes of GG in season 4 but then they brake up again!! Seriously are they together or not make up your mind GG!!! As for Vanessa hate her!!! she is such a bitch in season 4. she, Jenny and Juliet drug her then Juliet leaves and Vanessa blames everything on Jenny that is so baddd!!

45. Rita.Katsianos on February 11th, 2011 2:34 am

By her i mean Serena is the one who got drugged!!!
    Heard Dan and Blair might hook up that is weird they always hated each other. Blair and Chuck are meant for each other even though they have done so many bad stuff to one another. Serena belongs to who ever she never makes up her mind!! Dan to Nate and Nate to Dan. OMG!!! make up your mind. sorry if i’m talking to much. I JUST LOVE GOSSIP GIRL SOOOO MUCH.
    xoxo Gossip Girl 😉

46. ie.i on February 15th, 2011 12:56 pm

Make up your mind. First you say:

“I WANT CHUCK AND BLAIR BACK TOGETHER!!! .. why do they have to insist on breaking those two up just to keep the auidence watching the show. There are other reasons people watch GG and its not just those two.”

However, you then go on to say that you “feel ripped off because you waited soo long for [Chuck and Blair] to finally get together and it last only a couple of episodes before BANG over!!” and threaten to “stop watch GG all together and give up on Chuck and Blair if that the case …. SERIOUSLY …”

So are there other reasons to watch Gossip Girl besides Chuck and Blair, or not? Or there are, but in spite of them you won’t watch if you don’t get your way?

“how many people is it going to take to say that they want Chuck and Blair back before the producers realise they are loosing the auidence!!!”

Writing a good television show isn’t about catering to the segment of the fanbase that screams the loudest.

47. Rita.Katsianos on February 18th, 2011 12:17 am

noooo i will never get over Chuck he is in all my dreams without him i am nothing i love GG plus she isn’t real the director made it up stupid director 🙁 I LOVE YOU CHUCK BASS MY DARLIN IS ONLY I COULD SEE YOU NOW INSTEAD OF MOVIES!!!

48. Glenda on March 9th, 2011 7:43 am

OMG!! I love gg especially Blair cnt wait to watch the next season

49. hannah on March 29th, 2011 4:30 pm

CHAIR.

is the only reason i watch this show. in season 1-2 their relationship was amazing. they both are so similar but they slowly bring out the good and love in one another.

this dan crap makes me wanna hurl.
    i will cry if they dont get back together. like fk this show, its gone downhill.

they owe it to us to put them back tpgether! weve suffered enough.