Tonight’s TV Spotlight…Tuesday, June 9, 2009
June 9, 2009 by Kath Skerry
It’s only Tuesday? Really? It’s going to be one of those weeks. Let’s get through it together, deal?!
Not a ton of new TV on tonight, but enough to keep you from being bored. I’m excited to see Angela Kinsey from THE OFFICE on with Conan! And I’m equally excited for my buddy Jamie Kaler to be talking with Chelsey Handler. Between those shows and the Real Housewives, I’m guaranteed to laugh tonight!
Mental | 9pm on Fox
“Book of Judges”
Jack attempts a highly unorthodox treatment for a famous philosopher (David Carradine) who lapsed into a catatonic state after a lightning strike killed his wife and crippled him. [GMMR: How awkward. The late David Carradine guest stars, not a week after his bizarre death.]
Rescue Me | 10pm on FX
Tommy and Mike must put aside their differences when a roadblock puts a halt to a routine call; Sheila uses her leverage to control Tommy’s drinking; Lou refuses to give in to the allure of an old flame [GMMR: I have no idea why I’m not watching this season. I think the first few episodes got away from me and it’s been hard to find the time to get caught up. I heard it’s a great season too. Bummer.]
The Real Housewives of New Jersey | 10pm on Bravo
“Casinos and C-Cups”
Dina, Caroline and Teresa shop and gamble in Atlantic City, N.J.; Teresa considers plastic surgery to please her husband; Danielle breaks up with her boyfriend and feuds with Jacqueline at a birthday lunch. [GMMR: I just got caught up on the show this weekend. Danielle is off her rocker?! I’m kind of loving Jacqueline. Caroline is a hard ass but her kids are funny. Dina is bitch. Theresa is delusional but kind of fun. Are you watching?]
- Jimmy Kimmel Live | 8pm on ABC: Game Night Special – Jimmy goes live in the 8pm hour with a mixture of celebrities and sports stars leading up to the NBC Finals.
- Happy Days 20th Anniversary | 9pm on Biography: The cast of Happy Days shares personal memories of the show.
- 18 Kids & Counting | 9pm on Bravo: Jana and Jill are nervous about having to go under the knife to have wisdom teeth removed, but their parents will be with them for reassurance.
On the late night couch…
- The Late Show with David Letterman: Julia Roberts, Black Eyed Peas
- The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien: Eddie Murphy, Angela Kinsey, Bonnie Raitt, Taj Mahal
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: Dame Edna
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Will Ferrell, Kyra Sedgwick, Mos Def
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Paris Hilton, Ken Jeong, No Doubt
- Chelsea Lately: Soulja Boy Tellem, Natasha Leggero, Jamie Kaler, Gary Valentine
- Last Call with Carson Daly: Green Day
Filed under Tonight's TV Spotlight